What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cleaned 200 and eleventy million soap utensils, pots, pans and bowls. I may have fudged the numbers there. I think there was more. Felt like it anyway :mad:. Cleaning up because the Mother-In-Law is coming to stay. She will be doing her not so subtle inspection. Kill. Me. Now.

lmao

Soapy Stuff today

Today I unwrapped and cut my Sandlewood/Cedar/Frankincense soap. Also made a 5 lb batch of Oakmoss.

Tomorrow I will make a 3 lb batch of Hawaiian White Ginger.

Can I borrow your MIL to clean my soap stuff?? I promise to give her back. haha

Kathie

Cleaned the soap room, made some soap, cleaned the soap room, got mad about how frustrating colors and cracking can be in my soap and why 1/2 the batch (yellow) came out like bananna custard, and the other half (pink) came out perfect in texture. Basically: Got frustrated :D

Speaking of cracking soap, my sandlewood/cedar/frankincense soap loaf had a 1" crack running down the top of my loaf. I have never had soap crack before. It didn't run deep into the bar.....just maybe a 1/8th of an inch. What makes the soap crack??

Today I actually got something done. Made 10 lbs of my Caffeinated Kelpie Salt bars, 10 lbs of my Seaweed with cucumber soap and ground up 10 lbs of old soap with my Kitchenaid to rebatch into my extra scrubby mud bars. Gets a little hard to get my soaps made now that I am doing markets Wed thru Sat I don't have much time leftover

I made another batch of my rasta soap since the first one was such a hit and I've had more requests. this will likely be my last batch of soap before I move. now I must muster the energy and courage to clean up my soap pots......

Today I actually got something done. Made 10 lbs of my Caffeinated Kelpie Salt bars, 10 lbs of my Seaweed with cucumber soap and ground up 10 lbs of old soap with my Kitchenaid to rebatch into my extra scrubby mud bars. Gets a little hard to get my soaps made now that I am doing markets Wed thru Sat I don't have much time leftover

Omg! That seaweed and cucumber sounds divine!

Unmolded and cut a lovely lavendar/tea tree/eucalyptus/anise soap colored with clay and turmeric. Definitely more on the botanical side than normal. I tend toward the artistic side. Need to wash dishes and decide whether to do lavendar or my citrus/ylang ylang next. Also need to find another spot to cure. Everything is full. Oh, and traded 5 soaps for about 10 bags of garden goodies. Yea for barter!

I to just got a barter offer- rosemary and potatoes for soap! Yea!

Waiting for my rather large shipment from BB scheduled to arrive today.

Been playing with my camera and spots around my house to take better pictures of soap. This cell phone is just not cutting it!

Coffee scrub with grounds throughout and a coffee bean on each bar for decoration. First shot at using espresso scent. Other than getting a little heavy handed with the color swirl I'm pleased with the results.

1402431735571.jpg

Omg! That seaweed and cucumber sounds divine!
It has been very popular. I actually caffeinated one batch of the seaweed cucumber because I forgot to add in the caffeine to one of my kelpie batches. LOL, I now have to rename one "Kelpie" batch because I forgot the kelp powder...maybe call it Un-Kelpie!! LOL, yesterday I was in forgetting mode...
So I ended up with 1 batch of un-caffeinated "Kelpie" and one batch of Caffeinated Seaweed and Cucumber which I renamed Sea Witch
Today I am melting down my soap shreds making them into my Extra Scrubby Mud bars and of course more Dragon's Blood.

Been testing my curing soaps. I've decided I really don't like my soap at 4 weeks, 6 weeks is clearly better. I make pretty high conditioning soaps and I still find my hands are obviously dry from them at 4 weeks. The only exception I found was one I put honey in, that one feels great even at 4 weeks so I'm excited to see how great it is at 6 or 8 weeks now.

I made a full batch of soap with the ND Gingergrass 2/3 & 1/3 Himalayan Cedarwood. I hated the Himalayan Cedar out of the bottle and was glad I only purchased a 3.3 oz bottle to try, but it is amazing in this blend. Hopefully it sells well because it could quickly become my favorite. :smile:at least for awhile. I also tried a new mix with Red Thyme, Grapefruit and lavender. What was I thinking to buy 32 oz of Red Thyme...it is strong. I accelerated quickly so no swirls but the natural color should be pretty. Sometimes it just does not hurt to have a plain color soapie. It is really a different fragrance but I do think I like it. Next I am going to try red thyme with fir needle

Hi cmzaha!
I was wondering, cause I did the same exact thing with the Cedarwood, what percentage did you use of the Himalayan Cedarwood? I don't really care for it otb but I'm looking for a way to use it. Thanks!

Today I brought a slice of soap to work with me! I just cut my first batch last night, and I wanted to show everyone. And honestly, I just wanted to have it here to look at!

^^That is awesome! :D

I made my first coconut milk soap last night with a blend of mint eo's. A little nervous that I got all the lye to dissolve since I used full cm in frozen cubes. Stirred for quite a while so I am cautiously hopeful.

^^ I'm sure it all got dissolved. i almost exclusively make milk soaps for almost a year now, and have only had lye crystals in one batch (a recent batch). i wasn't even in a hurry...not sure what happened with that one batch.

I made my first salt bar today! we're moving and getting rid of stuff, and I had some Himalayan salt leftover (enough for a batch), and some milk from one of my old goaties that I wanted to turn into soap. two birds, one stone. i now have a pretty pinkish soap (hopefully) gelling.

Your salt bars sound wonderful, I'm sure you will love them. I made a hideous batch of anise soap that resembles wet concrete. Its by far some of the ugliest soap but it does smell amazing.

dang! you guys weren't kidding when you say salt soaps get hard FAST! I waited just under 2.5 hrs, and just cut them. and they crumbled! good thing they're for me only.

Hi cmzaha!
I was wondering, cause I did the same exact thing with the Cedarwood, what percentage did you use of the Himalayan Cedarwood? I don't really care for it otb but I'm looking for a way to use it. Thanks!
In my batch using 65 oz of oils I used 1.7 oz Gingergrass EO with 1 oz Cedarwood Himalayan. These were poured on Jun 4th and so far the scent is just getting better. Certainly strong using .65 oz per lb of oil. LOL, I just might have to purchase more Himalayan Cedarwood. Smelled like dirty socks to me out of the bottle. Gingergrass for ND has become one of my favorite EO's

Latest posts

Back