What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1459875729.193456.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1459875739.865706.jpg

Made a variety of circling Taiwan swirl soaps today, going to cut them into guest size bars.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1459875803.749676.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1459875815.522904.jpg

Don't like the orange and green one, it needs a bit of white for contrast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saponista, I love that orange and blue on on the bottom. What a great color combo! It reminds me of my desert home.

I'm partial to the thin, delicate lines of the black and white one myself, but they're all beautiful!

I made 3 test batches for this "secret heart swirl" technique that I saw on Pinterest and I couldn't quite get it right. Have any of you attempted it? Were dividers used? Is it a huge drop swirl followed by a hanger? Can you wonderful people offer any input? Thank you!

ad9c00039e141c90122f57b20f3c2dee.jpg

Jn1093 are you sure it isn't done in a slab mould? Those hearts are easy to do on the surface of the batter.

Dibbles, I cut the soaps today so I will photograph them and do a separate post for them :)

A tempermental Potter friend told me this morning he felt uninspired. I asked for a soap dish and this is the picture of what he came up with. I think it's funny myself.

IMG_0282.jpg

I made my first attempt this week at both the peacock swirl and rimmed soap, been studying up for awhile.

Thanks to Alaiyna B. For her Rim Soap tutorial at*
http://alaiynab.blogspot.com/2015/10/rimmed-soap-tutorial.html

Thanks to Soaping 101 for the YouTube video tutorial and Bastille soap recipe.

Thanks to Kapia Mera for demonstrating his rim slab cutting technique in his Great Cakes Challenge video.

And thanks to Robin at DesertMoonBathNBody for how-to video on making the nifty (and cheap!) peacock swirl tool. *https://youtu.be/sOENnU_b1IM

Doing the peacock swirl rim slab was much easier than I expected. Getting the right color for the inside, however, proved the most difficult, since color is definitely my nemesis. I was aiming for the same baby blue as in the swirl, but fell short.

Now, tell me about those "pimples" on the surface that have popped out as soon as I cut this morning?
And also, this is my first Bastille soap (69% OO, 25% CO, 6% castor). Does it need as long a cure time as Castille?

image.jpg

I have rheumatoid arthritis really bad and know that lemongrass oil works wonders when applied so I made some lemongrass sunflower oil soap today. Here is the recipe:

coconut oil 8 oz
castor oil 3 oz
sunflower oil 6 oz.
water 5.7 oz.
lye 2.7 oz.
essential oil 1.0 oz.

Gave away three of my favourite bars to a friend of mine today, she and her husband wanted to be guineapigs again, lol.

1) 10% sheabutter & NG Green Irish 2) Cocoabutter and coconutmilk, with Apple Mango Tango from NG (tots love for me) and number 3) 30% avocado oil & 3% beeswax, scented with NG Ginger Bergamot.

This was what I wanted to know from them after they have tested them at least half way through each bar.

1) Did the soap make them feel dry afterwards, or pleasantly clean? (shower & handwash)

2) Did it lather enough to their liking, and easy to rinse off?

3) Was the ammount of scent pleasing? (not to much/not to little)

This was before I could log in and se the link that IL gave me to a questionare, so I kept it simple and to the point.

Now the waiting game begins...

I posted a cutting video on YouTube!:)

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtyXLLzdmlw&index=3&list=PL9Slb2jAKMKxQRWh_fJ1A0dehb5WPxw7o"]Cutting Lavender + Ylang Ylang + Sandalwood[/ame]

And this is my first post here. I have been lurking for a while now.:wave:

I made 2 batches of passion-fruit & papaya soap. First time trying 40% lye concentration and it went really well. Usually this FO accelerates but I had time to do a 5 colour ITP swirl so I am pleased so far with it. Its currently hanging out in the oven and I WILL NOT touch it till tomorrow. Not even any peaking.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1460120212.659214.jpg I learned so much from my first batch!! Holy !! 100% Castile bar. I sprinkled a little sea salt on top but now I realize I don't really like it. I also never had proper molds. It did the trick but I learned that I need proper ones haha. THE ADDICTION IS REAL!!! Getting my order late next week and I can't wait to make more :)

Not today since I'm travelling, but earlier this week - made my first salt bars. Charcoal and tea tree on the left, WSP Shea & Coconut on the right. 100% CO and 50% fine sea salt. Aloe for water. I had to stay up to 2 AM to monitor and cut ... oy vey, will start earlier next time.

B2s4PnW.jpg

Back