What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done 2 soaps in the last 2 days. First is a mix of Nurture's OMH and Lavender FO, the next is BB Ginger Patchouli FO.

1457923223431.jpg

1457923232610.jpg

Ok, so I guess I am slow but I don't understand how that mat is used. I would think the mat would produce a negative image but looking at the soap, which is amazing by the way, the image looks like a positive and in a highlighted color?

You put the mat in the bottom of the mold, and make a small amount of colored batter. Using a spatula, you scrape the colored soap into the mat so that it fills the mat, but leaves none out of the mat. Then pour the rest of the batter into the mold.

Goat milk with oatmeal, one scented with Lemongrass and green tea, another.............well I forgot to add FO, it is going to be unscented

Finally had some time to myself. I am doing a happy dance! Last night hubby and I picked up a small used bread rack on wheels with no shelving so we got it cheap at a food equipment place. I went and bought some egg crate light grating and cut it with a band saw for shelving. I now have a soap drying rack. No more wally world vinyl covered racks sitting on my closet shelving. It is 6 foot tall. 30" wide and 10" deep.

soap rack egg crate shelves.jpg

Back