What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's been months since I posted, largely in part because it's been months since I soaped! July was when I last got out my oils and lye. I did take all the scraps from last year and rebate them together for new year's, though.

And tonight I broke the drought by making a BRV-scented veggie soap! Yay!

(Related, I also forced myself to pick up my knitting again after a year and a half of not knitting, just for my mental health.)

I had made two moulds of Oatmeal, Coconut oil soap scented with Oatmeal, milk and Honey from Voyager , then two moulds of activated charcoal, scented with Rasberry vanilla , my stash was getting small too, :))
Does Hair Serum, Beard Oil and Facial cream for mature skin, counts too?

I unmolded my Be Delicious from yesterday and today after soapy dishes I'll be making a 1lb batch with Twilight in the Woods using canola in place of my olive or avocado oil. I also need to make lotion for my friend's mom (patchouli eo), and hopefully a loaf of Perfect Man for the hubs.

One of these days I'll remember to add pictures to my post since I can't add them in as edits later.

1456494103896.jpg

That's a pretty yellow.

I'm hoping to get some salt bars made. Had great plans to do it a couple weeks ago but life has gotten in the way. So, goal is to get several done tomorrow. I also still need to get my scrubs and lip balms done too.

And need to think about getting the appointment with the tax man to do the taxes.

I had made two moulds of Oatmeal, Coconut oil soap scented with Oatmeal, milk and Honey from Voyager , then two moulds of activated charcoal, scented with Rasberry vanilla , my stash was getting small too, :))
Does Hair Serum, Beard Oil and Facial cream for mature skin, counts too?
They absolutely count.

Do you mind if I ask what you put in your hair serum?

Made a double batch of salt bars and forgot my essential oils! First time for everything, right? Fortunately, I was able to pour them out of the molds, add the EOs, and get them back in the mold with no problem. I poured a little early to begin with, so all was good. Whew!

I had made some unscented soap for a project and ended up selling the heck out of the leftovers!

Last night I masterbatched 6lbs of oil and made a second batch of shave soap. This one was 50/50 KOH/NaOH. Put it in a Pringles can overnight and cut it this morning. My cutter works so nice on round soaps I may be making more if them! This weekend should be conducive to a soap marathon. Will try to get 4 batches done.

I had made some unscented soap for a project and ended up selling the heck out of the leftovers!

That's good to know, TBandCW! I haven't really been successful with unscented soaps in the past, but this one would've had more going on (salt, color, etc) than my purposely unscented soaps in the past.

Sometimes what happens is better than what you plan. I wanted the swirls to stay towards the center of the bar and wisp gently to one side. I didn't bring it to heavy enough trace so when I poured the gold it sunk right into the white. It came out way better than I could have designed it! First time doing a hanger swirl with a gear tie (love).

1456599903391.jpg

Getting ready to cut yesterdays soap. The FO that I used was BB's Crisp Cotton. For colorants I used TKB's Pearl Yellow, Pearl Pink, Nite Glow Powder, Aztec's Fluorescent Magenta mixed with TD, & Bescented's Goldenrod.
12764883_10156609194630646_7755184363758860674_o.jpg

Last edited:
Made my first helix swirl - I'm not sure it looks like a helix, but it's pretty anyhow! It's CPOPing as I type. I used BB Vanilla Rosewood, which I've used once before in a blend and really liked, so I tried it staight up this time.

Just took some more photos of my botched spin swirl and moved them to the curing rack and cleared part of my kitchen counter of some soap tools since I can't make new soap for a couple of days. Also ordered the BB silicone liner for my new slab mold since the hard liner that came with the one I bought from Etsy didn't work well for releasing the soap unless I oil it and line the bottom. After watching Clyde from Vibrant soaps, easily un-mold his soaps from the BB silicone slab liner, that was enough to sell me!

Drop swirl. It tried so hard. It set up too much while I was looking for my baggie of pre-mixed white. (It was supposed to be on the table with the other colors but I accidentally put it away with the bags of unmixed mica.) I did get a cool glycerine line between the white and coffee layers though!

1456688124553.jpg

Latest posts

Back