What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut 2 loaves of soap tonight with my new BUD HAFFNER MULTI SOAP CUTTER!!!! Woo hoo I love this cutter.

I plan on doing a camo soap and a second soap tonight....

I'm very torn what to make now just so I can use my cutter!!! Lol

I would love one of those but the exchange rate is horrendous and the there is postage! Arghhhh. Of course I could try and make my own but I just know it wouldn't be perfect like his!

Made some toilet bombs and some laundry bombs, first time for both. Will try the laundry bombs tomorrow and see how they perform. Also rebatched a whole lot of grated soap, first time for that too! Was about to make sugar scrubs with some grated soap but power has just gone off again, so that will have to be another day

Just googled toilet bombs and laundry bombs, never heard of them before! Pretty cool!:thumbup:

I made my first soap in I think 2 months. After I got into a car accident in early November (I was rear ended and I was ok), working through all of that and other appointments has left me no time/energy. Today I made time!!

I can't wait to post a cut photo. It's just a simple 1 color rose soap with soap roses on top. It was so much fun to watch it go from lye water/oils to emulsification and thick pudding within a matter of seconds because of the acceleration. I was prepared for it but man! 1, 2 second pulse with that stick blender and off it went! 1 or two more seconds and I wouldn't have had a clean pour. I really love when things go expected/ smoothly though. Something about it relaxes me. After today, I needed it! I had a plan B if it looked like it wasn't going to accelerate much but, I figured it would since it the past it had. Glad I mixed my FO with the oils. I know everything was well mixed!

It was a pretty small 2 lb batch.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1452131136.165096.jpg

Last edited:
Gent, they look fantastic, and I really wish we had scratch & sniff capabilities here, because the scent sounds intriguing.

Today I popped out the white embeds from the left-over soap from the January chalenge. I really like it! They turned out so white, never made soap that white before.

Used decorative fondant molds and put the soap in there. Now that they were dried up nicely I used some sparkly white glitter from Nurture that I haven`t used yet, and mixed with oil and brushed on top of them. I like it!
Of course it will wash of after a coupple of uses, but was fun do something different and sparkly as my soaps are more plain.
Will take some pictures later, perhaps add it to my album in here. It is saturday and it is almost dinnertime so need to feed the hubby first, lol :mrgreen:

Haven't made soap for a couple of months; but I signed up for this months challenge now that my new kitchen is finished and organized. So this morning I pulled out my tools, colorants, molds and will weigh everything out after lunch and maybe make soap later today or tomorrow.

I still have to get down to the barn/workshop area of the garage and get my oils out of the fridge in there. It's too damp and cold to go out there now since I also have mouse traps to set in there. All sorts of vermin have discovered the food I have stored there and a couple of days ago I had to remove all boxed and bagged foods and put them in heavy duty rubbermaid storage containers. The vermin ate an entire, unopened box of panko crumbs, started on a box of ziti macaroni, and ate through several boxes of of chicken broth and soups. Hopefully now that I've moved the source of their invasion, things may settle down. Haven't caught anything in the rat traps yet but they have set them off. I think they're getting smarter!

This morning I'll make some melt and pour embeds for the my January challenge soap. I've been wanting to try this raspberry mold for months!

June, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm happy you are able to join this months challenge and get back to soaping.

If you have any leftover bar Castile soap, it makes great bait for mousetraps. I imagine it would work just as well for larger rodents, too. We are in the woods and have lots of miceys.

Nurture Soap Flare micas on cp embeds

Nurture Soap Flare mica in Onyx brushed on the black, and Super Sparkles used on the white.
black white embeds CP 2.jpg

ETA:
I love Nurture Soap, she has such awesome CS, she is so nice in her messages. These flare mica`s were added to my order as free samples. I am so happy with these (and everything I got at her shop, used her Fragrance in the chalenge too, it smells lovely)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back