What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last few days have been busy! Masterbatched my Shea butter recipe. Stopped for dinner at my local brew pub and decided to pick up a growler of my favorite microbrew for drinking and soaping. One of my friends was waitressing and jokingly said something about drinking the beer and not soaping with it. I replied that I was going to do both so she bought my beer with the promise that she would get a couple bars of soap. One night spent reducing the beer (along with other mommy duties). Soaped it last night and cut this morning. I fragranced with sandalwood and vanilla. My vanilla seeps every time but I like this one because it doesn't heavily discolor so I've learned to be patient and let the soap reabsorb the oil instead of cleaning it. I am really happy with how the swirls turned out.

1451584848207.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Made another batch of shave soap today. Didn't like the recipe I made in August although it was pretty nice ... just not nice enough ... so I tweaked my recipe a little bit and am trying again. I use fragrance oils in my bath soaps, but I prefer essential oils in shave soap. A mix of lavender, rosemary, and mint is really nice.

Made a small batch of black-white soap for the January challenge. I'm not sure the black and white color combination is my "thing" but I'm certainly widening my horizons. :)

Went through my soap cabinet and tidied. I've got more room in the cabinet now ... and my soaper's nature abhors a vacuum. What shall I get to fill the empty space?

I made my soap for the January challenge...

I'm still patiently awaiting my new bud cutter...which stated it would be delivered on Thursday but I didn't receive it. Maybe it will be here tomorrow. I hope I'll let y'all know if it makes it here and I'll post pics as well

Made some toilet bombs and some laundry bombs, first time for both. Will try the laundry bombs tomorrow and see how they perform. Also rebatched a whole lot of grated soap, first time for that too! Was about to make sugar scrubs with some grated soap but power has just gone off again, so that will have to be another day

Good suggestions, Steve. I get to keep my EOs and fats are in our second fridge (yes, DH spoils me).

But maybe some more colorants? Newbie, Saponista, and LionPrincess are luring me into the "swirly side" of soaping.

I made a charcoal pumice menthol/citrus soap.... My kitchen smells like Vicks now... It's so fresh smelling.
I hope it turns out as scrubby as my last batch as I used a different pumice powder this time.

I made a 'summer' themed soap (to match the NZ Xmas weather) and a sweet pea scented and coloured soap for an up coming birthday.

I made a 'summer' themed soap (to match the NZ Xmas weather) and a sweet pea scented and coloured soap for an up coming birthday.

I'm jealous, it's the coldest winter that we've had in a while, and I'm not a cold weather person.

Just poured my New Years Castile, and working on the recipe for my B&W Challenge soap.

That is such a great mould. I wish they weren't so expensive in the uk! Same with tall and skinny, I would kill for one of those but I'd have to buy it from Holland and pay extortionate taxes on top of their price :(

Just realized that I tried to make a soap almost exact same colours as House of wool posted. Mine didn't turn out quite as nice. I used sauce bottles and the thickness of the pour wasn't enough so my batch looks more patchy with its swirls. My white and black aren't as sharp in colour either more cream and gray. Live and learn.

I cut 2 loaves of soap tonight with my new BUD HAFFNER MULTI SOAP CUTTER!!!! Woo hoo I love this cutter.

I plan on doing a camo soap and a second soap tonight....

I'm very torn what to make now just so I can use my cutter!!! Lol

Back