What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I poured a 3.5 lb batch of unscented goats milk soap for Christmas. I did everything humanly possible to keep the batter cool but it still heated up more then I wanted. Hopefully being in the fridge will prevent gel, I really want pale creamy soap:(

Had the day off work today so I went soap-wild. I made a 2# batch of honey-scented soap for cast gifts for Winnie the Pooh. Used my go-to 80% lard recipe with NG Honey Bunny FO and a gold mica swirl on top.

I also tested some tallow-based soaps at various stages of cure. I think tallow might be my jam. These soaps are very promising.

And finally, this weekend, I traded soap and lip balm for wool from a friend with a lot of wool-dyeing friends and used it today to try felting some soaps. They're a bit blobby and misshapen and I'm not sure I felted them quite enough, but they're cute anyway.

I just made a batch of soap with a recipe that I hope is "the One" after months and months of experimenting and recalculating. I also tried my hand at another one color swirl, using my newly fashioned hanger tool DH made me for the feather swirl challenge. I think I might have gotten carried away, but if it's horrible, I just came across so wool I bought at Maryland Sheep & Wool this year by the ounce, so maybe I'll try my hand at felting, since it seems to be theme lately.

I finally bought all my supplies and ingredients ... Everything except the lye.
I was trying to see if I could find it locally anywhere, but no luck. Looks like I'll place an order for it online sometime this week.
Can't wait to finally start soaping!! :D

I finally bought all my supplies and ingredients ... Everything except the lye.
I was trying to see if I could find it locally anywhere, but no luck. Looks like I'll place an order for it online sometime this week.
Can't wait to finally start soaping!! :D

Annalee, you might try a local hardware store. That's where I find mine.

On my own note, I soaped today! :mrgreen:

Unmolded my first October challenge attempt today. Totally broke some edges so I will wait another couple days to cut since it was pretty soft.

My adult stepdaughter moved in today after a rough patch with her boyfriend. The first thing she asks for when I check if she needs anything from the store - body wash. Really??!! So I bought store body wash today for the first time in 2 years.

I unmolded and cut my loaf from yesterday. Usually I check to see if an FO discolors, but not last night. Apparently Perfect Man goes lavender.
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1444738394.633787.jpg
I have an order from NG due today with more lye, and more Egyptian Dragon FO, among other things. I can't wait to make lotion with it! Today I'll be researching body oil spray.

My order came yesterday (perfectly on time sigh better than late I guess) so I put a batch together with my first attempt at premixed colors. Happy with the red and green but should have used more white (although it seems to be getting whiter but not as white as I wanted it). Also my first forced gel with a heating pad because the house was so cold. Top swirls still need some work. Can't wait to see how the itp swirls turn out.

1444738964632.jpg

My adult stepdaughter moved in today after a rough patch with her boyfriend. The first thing she asks for when I check if she needs anything from the store - body wash. Really??!! So I bought store body wash today for the first time in 2 years.

I would have just handed her some soap instead!!

Latest posts

Back