What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made soap today and ooh emm geee, how awesome is it to make soap with MB fats and lye? Totally awesome! I even made a small container with a few batches worth of Sorbitol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Lactate in Distilled water, so all of them are dissolved together and I just need to weigh out 50g of that for a 1000g oils batch. So much more time to focus on swirls and design. 🌸

I even made a small container with a few batches worth of Sorbitol, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Lactate in Distilled water, so all of them are dissolved together and I just need to weigh out 50g of that for a 1000g oils batch.
I think you may need to refrigerate that and use it quickly, or it will go bad.

So glad you had fun making soap with your master-batches. It really is a game-changer, isn't it? Now if only there was a magic way to get the soapy dishes done faster! ;)

My first practice with a template and an imbed (the moon). I’ve been so impressed with the fancy soaps posted on here, I wanted to try an easy project to start off with.
The moon is from some soap trims that were so soft I randomly hand rolled them. I used white poppy seeds for the stars in the sky, I think they will show up better as the soap is being used. I also used walnut shells in the mountains for exfoliant. Charcoal for the black.

Attachments

• E8CF8507-8167-4D45-8F54-BD14562BA62E.jpeg
    E8CF8507-8167-4D45-8F54-BD14562BA62E.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 6A2E24D7-CAB0-43CB-967B-3B04D01B1B57.jpeg
    6A2E24D7-CAB0-43CB-967B-3B04D01B1B57.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
My first practice with a template and an imbed (the moon). I’ve been so impressed with the fancy soaps posted on here, I wanted to try an easy project to start off with.
The moon is from some soap trims that were so soft I randomly hand rolled them. I used white poppy seeds for the stars in the sky, I think they will show up better as the soap is being used. I also used walnut shells in the mountains for exfoliant. Charcoal for the black.
Beautiful!!

WOW WOW WOW!! That is excellent work there and you got the right shade of blue. And white poppy seeds are a thing?! Can you get them at the grocery store? I routinely use black poppy seeds. I wanna copy your stars. Thanks!

WOW WOW WOW!! That is excellent work there and you got the right shade of blue. And white poppy seeds are a thing?! Can you get them at the grocery store? I routinely use black poppy seeds. I wanna copy your stars. Thanks!
Hi, I added some charcoal to my blue to get a night sky :) I stumbled across these white poppy seeds while in an African grocery store, so thought I’d try them. I’d never seen them before. now I’m googling them and they are showing up. Who knew?

Attachments

• 28C6D167-2488-4117-A502-46E4D97D72BF.jpeg
    28C6D167-2488-4117-A502-46E4D97D72BF.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
Not CP (because I not smrt), but:
- Packaged a bunch of soaps
- made some coconut flavoured lip balm tubes
- mixed up some bath salts with our 'house blend' EO
All for Ex-SIL Mother's Day gift. Wait, is she Ex-SIL when they got divorced before I became part of the family, but nobody talks to her husband...? She is awesome and lurves coconut.

Pondering a batch of candles except it is a cooking day
Slow cooker BBQ beef with crispy shallots and provolone on homemade buns made with locally sourced artisanal (frou-frou) flour. (Rising now in the dehydrator - gotta love those things!).
Sorry for the post - after being incapacitated for most of the week due to severe pain it is amazing to be able to move for a few hours. Going to sit down before I overdo it.

Luckily I can make some quick mayo to go with the sands!

Not CP (because I not smrt), but:
- Packaged a bunch of soaps
- made some coconut flavoured lip balm tubes
- mixed up some bath salts with our 'house blend' EO
All for Ex-SIL Mother's Day gift. Wait, is she Ex-SIL when they got divorced before I became part of the family, but nobody talks to her husband...? She is awesome and lurves coconut.

Pondering a batch of candles except it is a cooking day
Slow cooker BBQ beef with crispy shallots and provolone on homemade buns made with locally sourced artisanal (frou-frou) flour. (Rising now in the dehydrator - gotta love those things!).
Sorry for the post - after being incapacitated for most of the week due to severe pain it is amazing to be able to move for a few hours. Going to sit down before I overdo it.

Luckily I can make some quick mayo to go with the sands!
Sounds like a great day! I did not know you could rise dough in a dehydrator ~ how does that work???

Sounds like a great day! I did not know you could rise dough in a dehydrator ~ how does that work???

There is actually a setting on mine for bread rise - it is very low. The lowest setting. Excalibur brand - just the 5 tray. Use it mostly to dehydrate summer super hot pepper harvests to make our annual superhot pepper chili powder and drain cleaner.
I use a dehydrator to proof the dough because we do not have an oven - we just use a stove and/or grill (year round, in Canada. Yup)

There is actually a setting on mine for bread rise - it is very low. The lowest setting. Excalibur brand - just the 5 tray. Use it mostly to dehydrate summer super hot pepper harvests to make our annual superhot pepper chili powder and drain cleaner.
I use a dehydrator to proof the dough because we do not have an oven - we just use a stove and/or grill (year round, in Canada. Yup)
Wow! That's interesting ~ I learned something new today! I use mine mostly to dehydrate onions and peppers to keep on-hand. My husband doesn't care for them (prefers bland food 😒) and I don't use fresh ones fast enough so I keep jars of dehydrated goodies to add to my marinades separately 😉

I should be attempting my spoon swirl challenge soap. Instead, I made my first liquid soap from scratch and had an absolute blast. I made paste inside of 15 minutes, thanks to a tip I read in Jackie Thompson's book and a little bit of grated ZNSB!

Last edited:
Took a shower with my new coconut milk soap today. It's only 2 weeks old but I couldn't wait to try it. Loved it -- super sudsy, bubbly with rich lather. But so disappointed the coconut-mango fragrance has almost completely faded. Forever in search of a good coconut FO.

Attachments

• 200 Coconut Beach.jpg
    200 Coconut Beach.jpg
    646.5 KB · Views: 0
Took a shower with my new coconut milk soap today. It's only 2 weeks old but I couldn't wait to try it. Loved it -- super sudsy, bubbly with rich lather. But so disappointed the coconut-mango fragrance has almost completely faded. Forever in search of a good coconut FO.
I like Oregon Trails Creamy coconut. Some coconut fragrance oils take time to develop. The OT fragrance is non existant at a month but by 6 months is starting to be a nice sweet coconut. Bars a year old still have a nice fragrance.

I like Oregon Trails Creamy coconut. Some coconut fragrance oils take time to develop. The OT fragrance is non existant at a month but by 6 months is starting to be a nice sweet coconut. Bars a year old still have a nice fragrance.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that one out.
I could detect the slightest hint of mango in my soap under the hot water, but the dry bar itself seems unscented to my nose. Frustrating, the FO smelled so delicious OOB.

Latest posts

Back