Today was a day to make all the things! I just finished bottling the LS/bodywash for my SIL, using Irish Lass' Creamy Cocoa-Shea recipe
. He asked for barely-scented peppermint. My peppermint EO is kind of medicinal, so I added a titch of Vanilla Select to sweeten it up
and called it "Soft Mint."
I did use the faster method for dissolving the KOH in an equal amount of water, and using glycerin for the remaining liquid. I also stick-blended past the bubble stage to the taffy stage, which sped things up considerably, too. But for some reason, it took a lot more water to dilute the paste than normal, so the soap is thinner than I'd like. Hopefully it thickens a bit tonight as it goes through the amber ale stage and back to the final creamy, non-drying LS for which this recipe is famous.
Then I decided to make him a companion lotion with the same scent, using the DIY B&B recipe, with jojoba as the extra oil (his fave). That went quickly and is also bottled and labeled now, ready to go.
Then I remembered that we are on our last shampoo bar, so I made a batch of those, too! For the past year, I've been using the DIY B&B Hot Pour recipe, but tonight I decided to make a small batch of the original SCI powder formula. It was a good reminder why I prefer the pourable recipe! There is so much waste with original formula because it sticks to everything until it firms up enough to be properly molded. Of course, if someone would be patient and mature enough not to keep touching it to see, perhaps there wouldn't be as much of the mix lost to the gloves, the table, the spatula, etc.