What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I trimmed all of the fat I wanted off of the goat meat I processed on Monday. I got 7.7lbs of tallow off one goat! I can't wait to get it rendered and making soap out of it! 😃 I'm thinking about trying a 100% goat tallow soap, no colorants, no fragrances, just for the experiment of it.

I’m interested in how that turns out, @MellonFriend! Could you add goat milk and have a double goat soap, or goat 2 ways soap? 😊🌸

Today I trimmed all of the fat I wanted off of the goat meat I processed on Monday. I got 7.7lbs of tallow off one goat! I can't wait to get it rendered and making soap out of it! 😃 I'm thinking about trying a 100% goat tallow soap, no colorants, no fragrances, just for the experiment of it.
From someone who raises goats & makes goat milk soap, I would LOVE to know how that soap turns out! I use to process my goats but now that my Export certification is in place, I no longer have to!

From someone who raises goats & makes goat milk soap, I would LOVE to know how that soap turns out! I use to process my goats but now that my Export certification is in place, I no longer have to!
I'll be sure to make a thread on it when I get around to it! I loved the goat tallow in recipes I've made before, but I've never tried it at 100%. I think it will be an interesting experiment!

I finally got around to making soap using the eo Winter Blend by @Zing It smells fantastic for the holidays, with hints of cedarwood and fir🌲, some herbalicious from the rosemary and eucalyptus, a bit of zippiness from the peppermint and a little zing (😍) from the bergamot. I’m keeping my fingers crossed on the design because my palm-based recipe started moving right along before I added the eos.

I finally got around to making soap using the eo Winter Blend by @Zing It smells fantastic for the holidays, with hints of cedarwood and fir🌲, some herbalicious from the rosemary and eucalyptus, a bit of zippiness from the peppermint and a little zing (😍) from the bergamot. I’m keeping my fingers crossed on the design because my palm-based recipe started moving right along before I added the eos.
We require photographic proof, doncha know.

We require photographic proof, doncha know.
Just out of the mold and in the raw… Despite how thick the batter was, I managed to create some swirls without making too, too many holes. Plus, it smells nice 🌲

298C3DBB-9D76-478C-9E83-9401B3B7E218.jpeg

Beautiful colors and swirls, there, @Mobjack Bay!

My soapy thing is to take all that tallow I rendered awhile back, that has been sitting in my garage fridge, and run it through some cleaning rounds to make it whiter, less odiferous, water free, and ROE-treated, all so it can be stored at room temp. The incentive is that family is arriving on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, and I need the fridge space - for food! :D

Beautiful colors and swirls, there, @Mobjack Bay!

My soapy thing is to take all that tallow I rendered awhile back, that has been sitting in my garage fridge, and run it through some cleaning rounds to make it whiter, less odiferous, water free, and ROE-treated, all so it can be stored at room temp. The incentive is that family is arriving on Tuesday for Thanksgiving, and I need the fridge space - for food! :D
Thanks @AliOop I was trying for a muted look and used oxides and a little green clay instead of mica.

I love the holidays except for the part where I have to move my soaping stuff out of our extra frig!

I mentioned last weekend that I was making mini soaps for my daughter to give to her students in Nicaragua (they found out she makes it and asked for some! ❤️). Those didn’t work so today I tried again, only today I decided to use my 5-lb silicon mold so that I could be one & done instead of making multiple batches of single cavity soaps. Only problem is that I don’t have a wood mold to put the silicon liner in! What to do???? Inspiration struck and after a little redneck ingenuity, I came up with this lovely mold. Amazon to the rescue again!
08C31598-D4A0-4EF0-8FC3-E1C37DB5A2D0.jpeg

I use goat milk in almost all of my soaps, so I will definitely use is in this one this one too! 😁
You’ll have to name it The GOAT!

Nothing beautiful, but I made more dish soap today because I am nearly out. I decided to change it up this time around by adding citric acid for the first time along with some fresh squeezed lime juice and lime zest. I'm a little shocked that my soap turned a lovely light shade of orange! Not sure if that will go away or stay, but it's interesting nonetheless!

Beautiful soaps @Mobjack Bay. @Jersey Girl your display is very inviting. Doing markets is hard work, but you might find it helps your online sales once people have bought and tried, or regretted not buying, your soap.

My soapy thing is I made a small batch of soap just for me. I had some shea butter that needed to be used and found some tucuma butter which I've never tried soaping with, cocoa butter, and some avocado, olive and coconut. I also used some of the discontinued Paramour (Lush Tramp dupe) that I have been hoarding saving made a circling Taiwan swirl and dibbled around with that a bit. Just three bars. And I might share them with my daughter and daughter-in-law. I saved some of the tucuma butter to try in lotion bars!

I probably won't have time for more soapy stuff this week since we're hosting Thanksgiving and I've done nothing to get ready for that yet, other than buy the turkey. 🦃

Latest posts

Back