What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KiwiMoose - I like it just the way it is. “Moose Maneuver”

Here’s my version of a Valentine’s Day soap, or maybe the theme is spring onions. Scented with NS BRV, which is the second blackberry scent I’ve tried. I know BRV is very popular, but I would like something brighter, less sweet. Looking for recommendations!

4884ACA6-A088-49BD-A22C-651462FAEFE4.jpeg

Here’s my version of a Valentine’s Day soap, or maybe the theme is spring onions. Scented with NS BRV, which is the second blackberry scent I’ve tried. I know BRV is very popular, but I would like something brighter, less sweet. Looking for recommendations!

View attachment 64433

Oh my gosh...that is GORGEOUS!!!

Finished my run of pull throughs. Lots of repetitions is helping me to streamline the process. And I tried a new thing: sprayed glitter between some of the layers. I’m curious how it will look. One pour went perfect u til I tried to put the rubber band on and it broke, tilting the whole thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Other than that, not too bad.

Attachments

• F45A54D3-696C-45CF-A64C-ECE5A12950CA.jpeg
    F45A54D3-696C-45CF-A64C-ECE5A12950CA.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 351001BD-87C4-47FE-9700-4854FED6EE87.jpeg
    351001BD-87C4-47FE-9700-4854FED6EE87.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 109
  • F0EE9103-94E4-4C0F-B45E-4D617BC670A3.jpeg
    F0EE9103-94E4-4C0F-B45E-4D617BC670A3.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 17
@KiwiMoose - I like it just the way it is. “Moose Maneuver”

Wow! It couldn't be better.

Finished my run of pull throughs. Lots of repetitions is helping me to streamline the process. And I tried a new thing: sprayed glitter between some of the layers. I’m curious how it will look. One pour went perfect u til I tried to put the rubber band on and it broke, tilting the whole thing. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Other than that, not too bad.
These colors are fantastic @TashaBird ! I love the vibrance. What colorant did you use to get the rich navy?

I made soap today and hoo-boy, what a session! I made my challenge soap with 4 colors. However, on the 3rd pour, I ran out of batter! WTH?! I'm compulsive with weighing and measuring. Luckily I soon figured out that I used the wrong denominator for 3 of the colors. So I'm messing with my calculator with soapy gloves and had to use the negative weights on my scale but glad I figured it out. I am pretty chuffed about the emulsion, though, just like the YouTubers! We're gellin' under towels for the night.

Sheesh, hard to keep up with all you all today!

Cats can, Kim!
I see what you did there.
Here are my tall and skinny shimmy soaps, just cut.
View attachment 64432
Really stunning work there! Love the colors and design!
@KiwiMoose
Here’s my version of a Valentine’s Day soap, or maybe the theme is spring onions.
View attachment 64433
Before I read your text, I immediately thought of onions! I really, really like this! Still trying to figure out how you did it.

And, peeps, puh-lease, can we just get our hands and tongues and minds out of the gutter with all this Jason whatshisname stuff? Do you know how fragile male egos are??!!

I did this yesterday. It was supposed to be a yin yang soap. It smells amazing and I love the colours. However, I put the fragrance in (one is Freshly Squeezed Lemon FO, the other is Lime FO) and within seconds it had seized so hard I barely got the spatula out. I decided to just leave it in the measuring cups and I'll cut it up for embeds in a future soap. It sure smells good, though. Sigh

20220213_163519_HDR.jpg 20220212_125525_HDR.jpg 20220211_180228_HDR.jpg

I did this yesterday. It was supposed to be a yin yang soap. It smells amazing and I love the colours. However, I put the fragrance in (one is Freshly Squeezed Lemon FO, the other is Lime FO) and within seconds it had seized so hard I barely got the spatula out. I decided to just leave it in the measuring cups and I'll cut it up for embeds in a future soap. It sure smells good, though. Sigh
There was a thread here awhile back about how to warm the oils and FO to keep it from accelerating. Might be worth trying?

Latest posts

Back