What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made soap today! Mrs. Zing requested a double batch of lavender. It's mostly white with a bit of pink. I measured out all my ingredients and wouldncha know, ran out of the last ingredient I weighed -- coconut oil. Mrs. Zing to the rescue made a run to the grocery store (I still have a broken foot and our car is a stick shift).

For just a 2 color soap, I made quite a mess and sooo many dirty dishes! @AliOop and her paper cut would've have gone screaming for the hills! I kept splattering batter everywhere and my spatulas kept getting gooped up so I kept grabbing another spatula. Oh, and for some reason, I thought my soup pot had cooled down enough to place upon my scale which is covered by a plastic bag. Nope! The plastic bag melted and now I've got that to clean up.

Now I'll be angsty for 24 hours....
Some days one should just not get out of bed...

I made soap today! Mrs. Zing requested a double batch of lavender. It's mostly white with a bit of pink. I measured out all my ingredients and wouldncha know, ran out of the last ingredient I weighed -- coconut oil. Mrs. Zing to the rescue made a run to the grocery store (I still have a broken foot and our car is a stick shift).

For just a 2 color soap, I made quite a mess and sooo many dirty dishes! @AliOop and her paper cut would've have gone screaming for the hills! I kept splattering batter everywhere and my spatulas kept getting gooped up so I kept grabbing another spatula. Oh, and for some reason, I thought my soup pot had cooled down enough to place upon my scale which is covered by a plastic bag. Nope! The plastic bag melted and now I've got that to clean up.

Now I'll be angsty for 24 hours....
As a fellow messy soaper, thanks for helping me feel better about myself. An update on the paper cut: it's actually swollen and hot, and still oozing. Such a pain (literally and figuratively).

As a fellow messy soaper, thanks for helping me feel better about myself. An update on the paper cut: it's actually swollen and hot, and still oozing. Such a pain (literally and figuratively).
Ouch. I hate that - fingers have so many nerve endings, don’t they? I suffer from split fingertips in the winter, I use a product called “nuskin” which smells like nail polish and absolutely kills when you put it on but does work. But your finger sounds too tender and infected for that. Hope it feels better.

@Zing Mango butter really does have a dry skin feel! I wish I didn't have crazy latex allergies; mango butter makes me react, but doesn't make me greasy while doing it 😅

@LynetteO This sensitive skin-haver thinks you made a great decision to not add fragrance.

Last edited:
C
🙄 Somebody stop me!
:D HAPPY TO OBLIGE!
stop-sign-template.png

As a WSP Silver Member for 10 years while serving wholesale customers, I often got FO Freebies or at a discount. I'm not a fan. Maybe 1 out of 100 was good enough to reorder. "Blooming Tulips" is one that sold out every year it was offered as an early spring "limited edition". Something to think about. ;)

ETA: EO/FO BLENDS ARE THE EXCEPTION -- Bladderwrack & Pink are tops but they only come in bulk sizes now.

Last edited:
C

:D HAPPY TO OBLIGE!
View attachment 63825
As a WSP Silver Member for 10 years while serving wholesale customers, I often got FO Freebies or at a discount. I'm not a fan. Maybe 1 out of 100 was good enough to reorder. "Blooming Tulips" is one that sold out every year it was offered as an early spring "limited edition". Something to think about. ;)
Thanks for trying 😂😂. I have tried a few I hated, and a few that disappeared on me, but I have a few that I love. In my defense, several of the fragrances are reorders of ones I've tried and liked. I can't resist the lure of a new fragrance though. Anybody have a favorite pine scent?

Wholesale Supplies Plus is having a sale. I swore I would not buy too many fragrance oils this year. I have 18 in my cart. 🙄 Somebody stop me!
I used the google chart for WSP strong & sticks in CP for all my pics!
I managed to get out with a measly 4 bottles. Wishing I’d have kept the 5th in the cart!

Latest posts

Back