What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Zing

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I know the answer, you guys!

Because of its antibacterial/antimicrobial properties it's very good for acne prone users. It helps decongest pores, hydrate, and sooth irritated skin. I just made some acne soap for my sister that is 16% neem. It be ready for her to try in about a week. Just a tip, the neem does give the soap a smell (I thought it smelled sort of like coffee), but it did fade and become nonexistent after curing.
Thank you! I'd love to hear if your sister finds it effective.

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m testing FOs and made this soap with NS Afternoon Tea. It smells good and behaved well. I hope it sticks around. I ended up with my first ever unintended “rivers” due, I think, to using more water than usual.

View attachment 61014
Super pretty ❤

I love NS Afternoon Tea. And I found that the smell is even stronger after the cure!

MellonFriend

Reaction score
That post made me cringe… have you smelled that stuff!?!??! Lol! I’ve owned 1 bottle because it’s supposed to be good for dry skin…. But I couldn’t even use it! Lol! Whatcha making’ ???
Hopefully, I'm not repeating myself if you already saw my comment, 😅 but I made a soap with neem oil and the smell completely went away after the cure.

JoyfulSudz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made my first Coffee Soap today! Used twice-pressed coffee for my liquid and added a tsp of used finely ground grounds to the batter. I'm so glad I knew from you more experienced soapers to expect the coffee and lye mixture to smell bad. Hoooeeee! It certainly did. But the smell mostly subsided by the time I mixed in my fragrance (sweet orange, cedarwood, litsea, and almond) and poured into my mold.

Is it true that washing with coffee soap helps get rid of odors like onion or garlic from your hands?

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully, I'm not repeating myself if you already saw my comment, 😅 but I made a soap with neem oil and the smell completely went away after the cure.
I wish mine had…. It was horrid even a year later when I finally threw them out! My nose must just be sensitive to neem oil or some thing. 🤢🙄

MellonFriend

Reaction score
I wish mine had…. It was horrid even a year later when I finally threw them out! My nose must just be sensitive to neem oil or some thing. 🤢🙄
Hmm that's funny. Did you use a fragrance oil? Maybe that had something to do with it. I used Bramble Berry Peach somethin' er other. All it smells like now is delicious peaches!

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm that's funny. Did you use a fragrance oil? Maybe that had something to do with it. I used Bramble Berry Peach somethin' er other. All it smells like now is delicious peaches!
Nope, it was one of the first soaps I made. No FO or EO. That was my first mistake! I would try it again with fragrance but I just can’t… lol! It’s scarred me for life!

Ugeauxgirl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a batch of soap with peppermint stick fragrance oil. I made it in a Pringles can and planned to cut it in rounds and wrap it like an old fashioned peppermint candy in cellophane with twists at each end. Unfortunately the red mica didn't come out the shade I was hoping for and I think I over-stirred my ITP swirl. We'll see tomorrow... Smells great though.

KiwiMoose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I'd love to hear if your sister finds it effective.
I use it at 5% in my doggie soap, and I use a bunch of EOs to help drown out the horrible smell. It doesn't seem to fade that much to my nose.
Today I tried a diagonally divided soap for the first time. Fingers crossed that it works out. I made a confetti layer for the bottom part of the diagonal, and an ITP for the top part. Fragrance is Japanese Musk which is apparently a Body Shop dupe?
4A9AEDBA-50C2-4CD4-96DD-CDA4C8F17049.jpeg

PKappy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Made my first shampoo bar! Nettle Tea w/sugar, infused olive oil w/lavender, coconut, coco butter, avocado, castor, puree'd avocado, a little EDTA, kaolin clay and Island Oasis FO from nurture soap. It smells wonderful! Can't wait to try it and see if the nettle tea helps my hair grow back :) It got the color from the tea!

Attachments

Last edited:

Orebma

Reaction score
Made my first shampoo bar! Nettle Tea w/sugar, infused olive oil w/lavender, coconut, coco butter, avocado, castor, puree'd avocado, a little EDTA, kaolin clay and Oasis Island FO from nurture soap. It smells wonderful! Can't wait to try it and see if the nettle tea helps my hair grow back :) It got the color from the tea!
beautiful colour!

Megan

Reaction score
I’ll get it eventually but here’s my second attempt at the one pot wonder. The first two colors I put in the pot always seem to set up too much during my pour…maybe I’m not fast enough. This is scented in WSPs Flowerbomb dupe. It’s not bad, but I’m not a fan of floral. These are all mad micas colors.

44A706F0-3CE1-41C8-B6BA-719CE014A1BD.jpeg

Latest posts