What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Catscankim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Misschief you are such an enabler!

@Catscankim That beauty only weighs 267 lbs, AND they are only asking $3500 and some change. Sell a mere couple hundred bars of soap, and you'd totally recoup the cost. Winner winner chicken dinner! :p
I know 😱 i looked them up earlier tonight (this morning). I was so disappointed at the price. Then i thought....maybe we could all chip in for one and meet up at one central location to throw our bars into the shrinky dink hub. How cool would that be? A soap makers gathering to shrink wrap all of our soaps all at once. And nobody would ever ask on the forum again how they package their soaps, because we now all do it the same.

I can bring the deviled eggs

Zing

Reaction score
We're visiting my sister, yes the one who uses my soap to decorate. There is great progress though since I see my soap in use at every sink!!

I too get pulled outside to my gardens in the summer -- a rainy, stormy forecast tomorrow will keep me in, hopefully to get a batch of soap made. I've turned into Elmer Fudd with a garden pest. For a year I have tried everything (dropping smoke bombs into their tunnels was way too satisfying) but finally called in an exterminator who has trapped 2 already.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
ETA: @Zing ... just entering my recent purchases into SM3 and realized I bought Meadowfoam Seed Oil and I have no idea what to do with it!! 'Bout to go down another searching rabbit hole!!! :rolleyes: :oops:
I will tell you what I told him: it’s nasty stuff. You need to get rid of it right away before someone gets hurt. Just send it to me and I’ll dispose of it safely for you - only because we are friends. 🤓

Seriously, MFS oil is ah-may-zing in any kind of lotion or lotion bar. Soft, easily absorbed, doesn’t leave a greasy after-feel.

melonpan

Reaction score
I tried @Zany_in_CO's 67% Shea butter recipe, it's now resting before the cut - as usual, waiting for the cut is the hardest part!

Since I consider this to be quite a luxurious recipe for the high Shea butter content, I had this picture saved as inspiration for the light dusting effect on the top:
Screenshot_20210620-094418~2.png

And this is where I learned the hard way that it's really difficult to lightly sprinkle the mica if you're not using a sieve :oops: I was doing this free-hand and as you can imagine the mica landed in small lumps on the wet top, not quite the same effect haha.
So I ended swirling the top a bit to mix the lumps of mica in - the light dusting effect will need to wait for the next batch!

IMG_20210619_175942040.jpg

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want to make some progress on my challenge entry today, but I got sidetracked by electronics so my kitchen table currently looks like this 🤦‍♀️
IMG_20210620_145924.jpg

Hopefully in posting this I'll motivate myself to get more organised for today...

ResolvableOwl

Reaction score
It's not proper soldering work if you have the space to lay down the circuit board. 😄😫

ETA: My first soapy thing today was that I tested if my odd LS is still zappy after a day with extra castor oil – and it isn't! Second soapy thing was to lose patience with safflower-infused oil, after over two weeks infusion + 1 hour in hot water bath – just to find out that carthamin, the orange-red pigment in the petals, is water soluble… Probably not the last soapy thing for today, lol.

Last edited:

Angie Gail

Reaction score

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will tell you what I told him: it’s nasty stuff. You need to get rid of it right away before someone gets hurt. Just send it to me and I’ll dispose of it safely for you - only because we are friends. 🤓

Seriously, MFS oil is ah-may-zing in any kind of lotion or lotion bar. Soft, easily absorbed, doesn’t leave a greasy after-feel.
I recently bought "Meadowfoam & It's so nice In Body Lotion...

The_Phoenix

Reaction score
I love stuff like that! It definitely looks like it could be used as a soap dish.
I’m considering making a silicone mold from it and making resin soap dishes to sell. I just think these are so stunning. But my average bar of soap is big. I played around with putting soap on it and it sits awkwardly.

I’m going to make one for my sister. And she can be my guinea pig.