What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Though, honestly, WSP doesn't make it too difficult for me (and Europeans) anyway:

>Due to the high cost of complying with EU GDPR we have discontinued all marketing, services and sales to EU member states.
In other words, we'd rather not have your business than protect your privacy? Yeah, I'm ok with that then! 🤪

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Though, honestly, WSP doesn't make it too difficult for me (and Europeans) anyway:

1620566281870.png
In other words, we'd rather not have your business than protect your privacy? Yeah, I'm ok with that then! 🤪
Seriously! Data protection for all customers should be a priority for online sales, right!?!?

Shocking that a company with $8.29 million (USD) in annual Revenue can't address data encryption for all customers. (WSP annual Revenue per Dunn & Bradstreet)

How many times have folks here received those letters or emails alerting us to data breaches from companies we do business with? I have lost track, and that's rather disturbing. Maybe more countries should follow in the foosteps of the GDPR.EU.

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn’t wait to cut my pull through soaps! They are so exciting & suspenseful to pour and cut!
76193B61-BF88-4285-9AF6-8D1C252C722C.jpeg
After my hazardous material clean up yesterday, I went outside to sit and collect myself and these beings scared the crap outta me! But after watching closely and preparing for attack I saw the cute little feathered babies!
7D06C452-2EFF-4F4A-A1E6-30F1DFF049EB.jpeg
Happy Mother’s Day!

ResolvableOwl

Reaction score
These “high cost” are embarrassing marketing BS. A reputable company really should be ashamed of calling respectable treatment of their customer data “costly”. They're customers, not goods. If you don't intend to afford customer management, please don't start a business in the first place.
🤑🤮

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These “high cost” are embarrassing marketing BS. A reputable company really should be ashamed of calling respectable treatment of their customer data “costly”. They're customers, not goods. If you don't intend to afford customer management, please don't start a business in the first place.
🤑🤮
Even more annoying are the ones that try to position it as some sort of moral stance and describe Europe as being unfriendly to business. This often from companies that position themselves as caring, ethical etc when it comes to other issues...

Mobjack Bay

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I made botanical colorant test bars yesterday using oil from a set of concentrated infusions I started back in March. Most of the colors look good, especially the alkanet, rhubarb root and paprika. I think I see blue peaking out under a grey surface in the indigo bars. My indigo powder is at least two years old now, so I thought it would be good to run it through a test again. It’s too early to take them out of the molds, plus I have a friend coming over today and I need to tidy up my house instead of thinking about soap!

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made botanical colorant test bars yesterday using oil from a set of concentrated infusions I started back in March. Most of the colors look good, especially the alkanet, rhubarb root and paprika. I think I see blue peaking out under a grey surface in the indigo bars. My indigo powder is at least two years old now, so I thought it would be good to run it through a test again. It’s too early to take them out of the molds, plus I have a friend coming over today and I need to tidy up my house instead of thinking about soap!
Any pics? 😁

ResolvableOwl

Reaction score
I finally aspic-ed my April challenge sushi.
Like @Tara_H suggested, I chanced it to let M&P base run in between the “rice”. An infrared spotlight warmed up the soap and melted the M&P base, which I gradually added in small pieces whenever one of the “puddles” in the corners of the sushi rolls was drained empty.
To little surprise, it took an embarrassingly long time, but in the end, I got about 20 g (one of the cubes top left in the photo) into each sushi block. I'm super curious how, after a day in the fridge, thin sections of the swirl/sushi combo will turn out!

ir_mp_sushi.jpg

And my camera wants to apologise for giving up colour reproduction under this orange-red light, lol.

GemstonePony

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Design fail/learning experience: FO yellowed even with VCS, so my pinks are turning orange, except for where there's just mica in oil. Also, because the batter accelerated, the brown didn't become the upright, arching lines (via hanger swirl) I hoped. I already have a list of changes to make for my next attempt, but I'm going to keep an eye on how yellow/orange the batter goes. The pure white is also mica in oil. This was my first time using this FO, my first time piping accelerated batter as a drop swirl, first time using hangars, and a few other firsts. Piping batter into mica in oil worked well, might try it in batter without fragrance that hasn't accelerated. I lost some batter to opting not to use all of some colors, knocking a plastic beaker of batter into the sink, and batter sticking to dividers as they were pulled out, so these bars are all much shorter than I was going for. So many lessons learned, and I'll try again next weekend.

Attachments

msunnerstood

Data Geek
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously! Data protection for all customers should be a priority for online sales, right!?!?

Shocking that a company with $8.29 million (USD) in annual Revenue can't address data encryption for all customers. (WSP annual Revenue per Dunn & Bradstreet)

How many times have folks here received those letters or emails alerting us to data breaches from companies we do business with? I have lost track, and that's rather disturbing. Maybe more countries should follow in the foosteps of the GDPR.EU.
As someone who works in the health insurance industry, Data privacy is near and dear to me. I hope they have really good cyber insurance because 8.29 Million isnt going to cut it if they have a data breach.

I dont do business with them normally but you can bet I wont in the future, nor any company they buy.

On a soapy note, Im pretty happy with how my challenge soap came out. Im note sure it fully gelled. It was still a bit soft on the inside. Cant wait to post them.

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been whipping stuff up left and right today! Lotion for my son, face cream, solid oil face cleanser, & deodorant for me. One of the thing than sucks about making your own products when you realize you’re almost out of everything...Time it takes to make it! I also made some liquid shampoo and conditioner to test out! Kinda excited about that!
203BFAF3-2384-474A-9F72-52053106303B.jpeg
Was gonna take pictures of all my other projects today, but they are sitting on the kitchen counter setting up, right in line with my challenge soaps. Can’t be disqualified and was to lazy to move them! 🤪🤩
ETA: cleaning up the soap I cut this morning and found a cute sad little family of bears... can you see it!?!?!
30A6F1E2-4D63-4924-8615-3B28E8BDB062.jpeg
I’m done for the night! Sweet dreams!

Last edited:

Juggsy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hope this works. This was posted by my friend's daughter. Unfortunately, it doesn't show the whole gift. I did ask why (actually asked if she could take a photo for me) and she said, "mum already took half of it to the bathroom, this just the leftovers" 🥰😁

My only soapy adventure today was ringing an old supplier to get my account working again and putting my first wholesale raw ingredient order in since January 2013. Felt very surreal as I have been paying retail since (the last market I did was in May 2013) and really didn't think I'd do it again ever.

Ladka

Reaction score
Unmoulded a tiny mould where I filled the scrapings from my pot and jar and glasses. It did come readily off the wallls but the edges were crumbly.
Aaah, obviously I'll have to wait at least till evening ...