What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too think this soap looks fantastic. And I'm not trying to make you feel better. I looked at the photo before reading your text. Still trying to find the ugly....
It just doesn't measure up to what I had in my head! I wanted it to be very black and slightly tweedy with lighter copper steaks running through it... I'll get there yet though, you have me hooked on the mica stripe concept so there'll be plenty more variations on that theme in my future.

I recently melted down some M&P and tested Avobath and Oat Milk & Honey (NYScent) as well as NG's Garden Mint & Cucumber amd NS' Eucalyptus Mint. I surprisinlgly like Oat Milk & Honey. Eucalyptus Mint is ok but not my thing, Garden Mint is annoying me with it's sweetness, and I absolutely hate the Avobath. I think I have learned that I have a tendency to LOATHE citrus scents. Is there a worst word than loathe that does not require expletives to be used?
Distain is harsher than loathe, I think, but it's not a straight-across replacement word.

Phew! Finally found the energy to make the fun rose batch I was hoping to make at the weekend...

Thank you for the warning about the potential for acceleration (apologies I've forgotten who that was, blasted brain fog), it certainly did! I was able to work with it though, did a very quick in the pot swirl. As I poured, it was at a medium-thick trace, so I hope there aren't any air gaps. If there are, oh well, it'll still be soap!

By the time I was scraping the extras out into a bar mould, it was decidedly ploppy, and when I tried to swirl mica-in-oil on top, it was setting up fast and left a messy groove behind the skewer.

Smells lovely though! I hope the mica colours stay true, it's a very pale dusty pink that I blended into the oils at the start, with a small swirl of a slightly brighter pink. Very subtle but fingers crossed the swirl will still show up... It's in the oven to cpop, so there is chance of them staying reasonably decent!

Now for a large cuppa and a rest before I need to start preparing supper...

Not at work today so started out with some organising and made some white soap dough to hopefully finally finish that project! (It better be worth it after all this!)

Then I was feeling all inspired and citrussy so I made another striped soap with egg. I think I may have found my soaping Zen zone, the calm pace and the clean colours and the sharp stripes, it's just so... 🕊
(Scented with bergamot, lemongrass, orange, tangerine, and just the tiniest touch of Jasmine)
IMG_20210324_150724.jpg IMG_20210324_155630.jpg

I also planed the soap dough flowers, I wish I had made a lot more of these!
16166135238114120214022992161933.jpg

Then my husband was starting to look alarmed at the quantity of soap accumulating in the house so I switched gears and made some calming lavender bath bombs.
IMG_20210324_185537.jpg
(I'm not sure what these remind me of, but I'm pretty sure they need some googly eyes... 👀)

Spent the work day pondering how I could rip off pay homage to Peachy's beautiful citrus soap. That may be a project for tomorrow when I'm not working.

This evening I tried again to finish my soap dough project but ran out of white this time so it's still in limbo.
View attachment 55403

I also planed and tidied up the Ugliest Soap™ and I think it's growing on me...
View attachment 55404
At least I could say with a straight face that it's meant to be like that. Although some of the bars have a certain boobular quality about them 🤭
I think your Boobular Soaps turned out nice. 💫😉👍🏼. My lemon soap smells so good' my goodness, Hope your able to make it.

Not at work today so started out with some organising and made some white soap dough to hopefully finally finish that project! (It better be worth it after all this!)

Then I was feeling all inspired and citrussy so I made another striped soap with egg. I think I may have found my soaping Zen zone, the calm pace and the clean colours and the sharp stripes, it's just so... 🕊
(Scented with bergamot, lemongrass, orange, tangerine, and just the tiniest touch of Jasmine)
View attachment 55421 View attachment 55422

View attachment 55423

Then my husband was starting to look alarmed at the quantity of soap accumulating in the house so I switched gears and made some calming lavender bath bombs.
View attachment 55424
(I'm not sure what these remind me of, but I'm pretty sure they need some googly eyes... 👀)
Love the stripped soap & the scent sounds fabulous 🤗🧼💫🍋

Phew! Finally found the energy to make the fun rose batch I was hoping to make at the weekend...

Thank you for the warning about the potential for acceleration (apologies I've forgotten who that was, blasted brain fog), it certainly did! I was able to work with it though, did a very quick in the pot swirl. As I poured, it was at a medium-thick trace, so I hope there aren't any air gaps. If there are, oh well, it'll still be soap!

By the time I was scraping the extras out into a bar mould, it was decidedly ploppy, and when I tried to swirl mica-in-oil on top, it was setting up fast and left a messy groove behind the skewer.

Smells lovely though! I hope the mica colours stay true, it's a very pale dusty pink that I blended into the oils at the start, with a small swirl of a slightly brighter pink. Very subtle but fingers crossed the swirl will still show up... It's in the oven to cpop, so there is chance of them staying reasonably decent!

Now for a large cuppa and a rest before I need to start preparing supper...
The color & scent sounds lovely. 💫🧼

Here is the cut of Honeysuckle & Raspberry

View attachment 55429
Beautiful 🧼💫

Sounds like success to me! At least now you have that first one under your belt and know what to expect and what to improve. Congratulations! Your new extruder disc looks like an eagle to me and I LOVE eagles! I follow a lot of nest cams every year and we actually have a nesting pair about 1/8 mile up the river that we see all the time. ♥
Me too! Raptors rule! My company name is inspired by the harpy eagle.

Good grief this loaf is still SO soft! It has got to be the FO! First time using Awaken from NS. Behaved well in making, but this soft soap is a drag! I cut some when I shouldn’t have. But I couldn’t take the anticipation any longer!!! Even with all the things that went wrong it turned out pretty good. I may have to try the same design idea again right away. My company is named after the harpy eagle, and I’m kind of a raptor junkie, especially hawks!! I tried to get some red in the tail. I’ll have to wait a few hours before I can cut any more. It’s already been 22!!! FOs are new to me. Can some slow soap from hardening?

Attachments

• D1CEE2A4-E6B0-4E8B-B933-EEDC24C2F7C9.jpeg
    D1CEE2A4-E6B0-4E8B-B933-EEDC24C2F7C9.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 20
Good grief this loaf is still SO soft! It has got to be the FO! First time using Awaken from NS. Behaved well in making, but this soft soap is a drag! I cut some when I shouldn’t have. But I couldn’t take the anticipation any longer!!! Even with all the things that went wrong it turned out pretty good. I may have to try the same design idea again right away. My company is named after the harpy eagle, and I’m kind of a raptor junkie, especially hawks!! I tried to get some red in the tail. I’ll have to wait a few hours before I can cut any more. It’s already been 22!!! FOs are new to me. Can some slow soap from hardening?

Wow! Terrific! ♥️

Distain is harsher than loathe, I think, but it's not a straight-across replacement word.

Abhor might be even harsher! 😂

View attachment 55421 View attachment 55422

View attachment 55423

View attachment 55424

The striped soap is perfect! Love it! And the flower one is amazing! Can’t believe you did that with dough...😳

The striped soap is perfect! Love it! And the flower one is amazing! Can’t believe you did that with dough...😳
I've been taking inspiration from these polymer clay tutorials for things to do with soap dough, most of them translate pretty well! This is the one I'm working on at the moment: African Fabric Geometric Cane Tutorial

I've been taking inspiration from these polymer clay tutorials for things to do with soap dough, most of them translate pretty well! This is the one I'm working on at the moment: African Fabric Geometric Cane Tutorial

That one makes my head hurt but wow! I can’t imagine the work involved in that! Amazing.

So Awesome.

Latest posts

Back