What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning Happy Tuesday: Yesterday I made a Citrus Scented CP Soap In My New Biggest Silicone Mold From BB' & It Un-Molded like a dream. The soap partially gelled' I put it in the oven on the lowest temp' seamed to fix it somewhat not completely but its ok. Hope the scent sticks' I used several kinds of citrusy EO's & one FO, I also marinated it in rose clay about 2 hrs before soaping & it Smells divine. 💫🧼🍋.

Ooh, I love the color. I'm planning a citrusy soap as well, with lemon, lime, litsea and grapefruit essential oils. I was going to color it with some orange peel powder. I also have grapefruit peel powder.

I think I have learned that I have a tendency to LOATHE citrus scents. Is there a worst word than loathe that does not require expletives to be used?

Funny that this is the post above! Scents are such a personal thing!

Ooh, I love the color. I'm planning a citrusy soap as well, with lemon, lime, litsea and grapefruit essential oils. I was going to color it with some orange peel powder. I also have grapefruit peel powder.

Funny that this is the post above! Scents are such a personal thing!
Sound's like thats a great combo for your scents. I used Pink & White Grapefruit' Lemon' Lime' EO's & my trick to help make the Citrus stick Is "Lemongrass EO" its strong & smells citrusy..

I recently melted down some M&P and tested Avobath and Oat Milk & Honey (NYScent) as well as NG's Garden Mint & Cucumber amd NS' Eucalyptus Mint. I surprisinlgly like Oat Milk & Honey. Eucalyptus Mint is ok but not my thing, Garden Mint is annoying me with it's sweetness, and I absolutely hate the Avobath. I think I have learned that I have a tendency to LOATHE citrus scents. Is there a worst word than loathe that does not require expletives to be used?
Sadly, the English language seems to cap the amount of unpleasant emotion that can be politely expressed in one word. Beyond that, the thesaurus might be useful if you need to express your emotions in a new way.

I recently melted down some M&P and tested Avobath and Oat Milk & Honey (NYScent) as well as NG's Garden Mint & Cucumber amd NS' Eucalyptus Mint. I surprisinlgly like Oat Milk & Honey. Eucalyptus Mint is ok but not my thing, Garden Mint is annoying me with it's sweetness, and I absolutely hate the Avobath. I think I have learned that I have a tendency to LOATHE citrus scents. Is there a worst word than loathe that does not require expletives to be used

I'll be spending the next 5 Days @ my Daughters Home-Setting, I think I'll bring soap supplies so I can soap. I'm thinking of making a basic 3 Oil soap, since I don't want to transport a ton of supplies & Ive never been able to bring myself to making a soap w/ so few oils' lol, so it will be fun & interesting how it turns out. 💫🧼👍🏼

Last edited:
I'll be spending the next 5 Days @ my Daughters Home-Setting, I think I'll bring soap supplies so I can soap. I'm thinking of making a basic 3 Oil soap, since I don't want to transport a ton of supplies & Ive never been able to bring myself to making a soap w/ so few oils' lol, so it will be fun & interesting how it turns out. 💫🧼👍🏼
Ah - what fun and what a perfect time to try out fewer oils! Hope you keep us posted on how it goes and what you think of the soap after it's cured.

Ah - what fun and what a perfect time to try out fewer oils! Hope you keep us posted on how it goes and what you think of the soap after it's cured.
I will' defiantly post a picture, Now If I can remember a month from now to post soap's characteristics after the cure, is a different story, but I'll try to remember. 🤣😂🤗

I made soap after a month of no soaping! My son got married (!) and it was a mad dash to find clothing, etc. after a prolonged COVID lockdown here. So my soaping time was spent in the mall. :(

I made salt bars with 50% salt. The FO is Lavender & Spring Apricot (which to me smells more like apricot, hence the color) and the mica is Orange Coral Mica, also from Micas and More. I'm very happy with the color: very apricot-y. (It's a bit more orange IRL.)
105th batch- Spring Apricot Salt Bars.jpg

I made a double batch of Japanese Cherry Blossom soap this weekend. I definitely need to practice my piping skills and get a better handle on how much piping I actually need. The first batch wound up being short bars, but on the plus side I had plenty of piping for both soap loaves...

I have a double batch of Sea Salt & Driftwood on the schedule, and I think it might happen tonight. Work was calm today so I don't feel mentally exhausted to the point that all I want to do is go home and Netflix-and-chill. I might even work on some video editing tonight... or maybe just play around with lip sugar scrub.

Spent the work day pondering how I could rip off pay homage to Peachy's beautiful citrus soap. That may be a project for tomorrow when I'm not working.

This evening I tried again to finish my soap dough project but ran out of white this time so it's still in limbo.
IMG_20210323_205900.jpg

I also planed and tidied up the Ugliest Soap™ and I think it's growing on me...
IMG_20210323_205914.jpg
At least I could say with a straight face that it's meant to be like that. Although some of the bars have a certain boobular quality about them 🤭

I watched with glee tonight as my brownish gold rhubarb infused oil turned bright pink when it hit the soap batter. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it survived the gel.

I had an atrociously large bowl of ice cream because I need another soapy-stuff container. The sacrifices I make for my craft! 😁
Yep! I finally went through a small pail of coconut oil and celebrated by making my first 3000 g masterbatch of oils.

I've got that same tea towel!!!
I made a very thick triple layer cardboard box to fit that mold when I used to use it so that it didn't bow. So annoying.

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and commiserations!
I've ordered 3 more bottles of the FO from the expensive supplier. That should mean 10 batches of soap. That is surely enough to overcome Murphy's Law. :rolleyes::)
The batch where I left out the silicone impression matt was absolutely perfect - of course!!!!!
I got them from Amazon. I'm gonna have to order more, because my "pretty" towels have been little by little repurposed into soaping towels. They are not fairing so well lol.

Finally crawling out of my hermit hole. First farmers market went well. I put on my game face! It was super awkward at first!!! But by the end I handed out over 100 samples! I sold enough to make it worth while, but just barely. And I learned lots of things I’d like to try next time to improve sales, and make it easier. So all in all, success! Really glad I only committed for once a month for now! I can add days if I want, which I might. (But not until after turkey season.)
My new custom extruder discs came and I finally got to make my soapaversary soap! Things looked like maybe they were going to go perfect, but nope. My math was off so the soap level for one of my scrapers was too low. Mid soaping quick adjustment to the scraper worked, barely. Probably took off the tops of the first mountains layer. Also, I didn’t wait long enough. If I want those layers to thicken up faster I’ve got to SB longer.
Then my gradient layers were working so well! And my first embed placed better than I hoped. But I got impatient on the second embed. Put it in too soon. It started sinking and sliding down. I had to dig it out with my fingers, likely undoing my gradient layers. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Oh well, it’s going to be a smaller bar than I’d hoped, and not exactly my vision, but I think it’ll be fun and I can’t wait to cut it when I get home from target practice!
The weather was gorgeous and I got to have the door open while I made soap, with a zillion little birds outside at the feeder. Spring is my favorite!
Here’s a sneak peek at my extruder. I love it! Can you tell what it is?

Attachments

• DE27BEA9-8C39-46CF-8F1C-AC8429267D9F.jpeg
    DE27BEA9-8C39-46CF-8F1C-AC8429267D9F.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 664BD9DD-6FB1-4B25-AB17-8C1ED3257D64.jpeg
    664BD9DD-6FB1-4B25-AB17-8C1ED3257D64.jpeg
    46.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 00EC166B-7FB3-4246-82F6-2F00E819E297.jpeg
    00EC166B-7FB3-4246-82F6-2F00E819E297.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 33
Finally crawling out of my hermit hole. First farmers market went well. I put on my game face! It was super awkward at first!!! But by the end I handed out over 100 samples! I sold enough to make it worth while, but just barely. And I learned lots of things I’d like to try next time to improve sales, and make it easier. So all in all, success! Really glad I only committed for once a month for now! I can add days if I want, which I might. (But not until after turkey season.)
My new custom extruder discs came and I finally got to make my soapaversary soap! Things looked like maybe they were going to go perfect, but nope. My math was off so the soap level for one of my scrapers was too low. Mid soaping quick adjustment to the scraper worked, barely. Probably took off the tops of the first mountains layer. Also, I didn’t wait long enough. If I want those layers to thicken up faster I’ve got to SB longer.
Then my gradient layers were working so well! And my first embed placed better than I hoped. But I got impatient on the second embed. Put it in too soon. It started sinking and sliding down. I had to dig it out with my fingers, likely undoing my gradient layers. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Oh well, it’s going to be a smaller bar than I’d hoped, and not exactly my vision, but I think it’ll be fun and I can’t wait to cut it when I get home from target practice!
The weather was gorgeous and I got to have the door open while I made soap, with a zillion little birds outside at the feeder. Spring is my favorite!
Here’s a sneak peek at my extruder. I love it! Can you tell what it is?

Sounds like success to me! At least now you have that first one under your belt and know what to expect and what to improve. Congratulations! Your new extruder disc looks like an eagle to me and I LOVE eagles! I follow a lot of nest cams every year and we actually have a nesting pair about 1/8 mile up the river that we see all the time. ♥️

Latest posts

Back