What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The bad news: the soap I was planning for weeks and poised to execute, my extruder disc broke mid plunge. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ The whole theme of the colors and everything was designed around this very unique disc.
Good News: the only disc I could think to use that would work with my dough, and colors, etc. was a moon that I thought was actually too big to work. Granted I hadnā€™t tried it yet. But, itā€™s almost a full 2ā€ design and Iā€™m trying to make an 18ā€ embed! I didnā€™t think the jerky gun chamber could hold enough clay. But lo and behold it did! (I have ordered another large disc, but with a smaller moon. Anywaaaaay, wasnā€™t what I wanted to do by far, but it was a decent pivot.
Woke up dreaming about todayā€™s soap. Happy to have a bunch of batches prepped and my new second mold! Happy Saturday yā€™all!!
Got all my paperwork to the farmers market folks. Getting nervous/excited! Will make balms and lotion bars this week. Maybe some lip balms.

Attachments

• 15474803-EB8E-4BB5-A997-F3BD1B6C8530.jpeg
    15474803-EB8E-4BB5-A997-F3BD1B6C8530.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
  • C0ACE352-7D8F-45D5-BCD0-80DFC1171ABF.jpeg
    C0ACE352-7D8F-45D5-BCD0-80DFC1171ABF.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The bad news: the soap I was planning for weeks and poised to execute, my extruder disc broke mid plunge. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ The whole theme of the colors and everything was designed around this very unique disc.
Good News: the only disc I could think to use that would work with my dough, and colors, etc. was a moon that I thought was actually too big to work. Granted I hadnā€™t tried it yet. But, itā€™s almost a full 2ā€ design and Iā€™m trying to make an 18ā€ embed! I didnā€™t think the jerky gun chamber could hold enough clay. But Li and behold it did! (I have ordered another large disc, but with a smaller moon. Anywaaaaay, wasnā€™t what I wanted to do by far, but it was a decent pivot.
Woke up dreaming about todayā€™s soap. Happy to have a bunch of batches prepped and my new second mold! Happy Saturday yā€™all!!
Got all my paperwork to the farmers market folks. Getting nervous/excited! Will make balms and lotion bars this week. Maybe some lip balms.
Glad it worked out for you. Good luck w/ your farmers market adventure' I'm excited for you & updates. šŸ§¼šŸ¤—šŸ’«

Happy Saturday yā€™all!!

Oh nooooo - glad the jerky gun stepped up to the challenge. Congrats on getting your farmer's market paperwork in!

I had forgotten that I ordered some coconut oil at a very good price a while back... Apparently I had no idea what 10 litres of coconut oil looks like! šŸ˜®

Plan for today is to make some black and some white dough, aiming to try this project next: African Fabric Geometric Cane Tutorial
That is going to be some stunning soap! Looking forward to seeing your creation. šŸ˜ƒ

I Ordered a FO from BB called "Love Spell ll" just last month I liked it so much thought id reorder it this morning & its gone!! gosh darn it! I did let them know as a "Soap Designer" its hard to depend on them for long term business if their FO'S will be constantly changing & not available. I'm sure my complaint will fall upon Deaf Ears. I'm a little fish in a big ocean!! šŸ’«šŸ§¼.

Just wanted to share my Mother's Day soap. No colour except for the pink confetti inside the soap. Topped with soap curls and scented with Rose Garden FO. I'm calling this Mom's Rose Garden.

I Ordered a FO from BB called "Love Spell ll" just last month I liked it so much thought id reorder it this morning & its gone!! gosh darn it! I did let them know as a "Soap Designer" its hard to depend on them for long term business if their FO'S will be constantly changing & not available. I'm sure my complaint will fall upon Deaf Ears. I'm a little fish in a big ocean!! šŸ’«šŸ§¼.

Maybe you can find it at a different supplier?? Worth a shot.

Attachments

• Mom's Rose Garden.jpg
    Mom's Rose Garden.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 43
Oh bummer, Peachy! I'm glad you said something to them - you never know but that they might listen!

Just wanted to share my Mother's Day soap. No colour except for the pink confetti inside the soap. Topped with soap curls and scented with Rose Garden FO. I'm calling this Mom's Rose Garden.
Those tops!! gorgeous.

Omgosh love your soap & the curly's on top brilliant idea & looks fantastic!. I gotta think about Mother's day soap & design something pretty too. šŸ¤—šŸ§¼šŸ‘šŸ¼

Oh bummer, Peachy! I'm glad you said something to them - you never know but that they might listen!
Right' It would be nice. šŸ˜‰šŸ¤—

Maybe you can find it at a different supplier?? Worth a shot.
Yes I'll look for another supplier that keeps their FO'S stocked for a longer time. "Love Spell ll" was a wonderful scent to keep @ least through spring & summer. imho šŸ’«šŸ˜‰

They are beautiful! I love what you did with the curls! ā™„

Thanks! I had a ton of curls but in the end it wasn't enough so I was frantically making new ones to get the entire top covered.

Yes I'll look for another supplier that keeps their FO'S stocked for a longer time. "Love Spell ll" was a wonderful scent to keep @ least through spring & summer. imho šŸ’«šŸ˜‰

Natures Garden has one they say is 'similar'.

Omgosh love your soap & the curly's on top brilliant idea & looks fantastic!. I gotta think about Mother's day soap & design something pretty too. šŸ¤—šŸ§¼šŸ‘šŸ¼

Thanks so much! Admittedly the top was not my idea... I've seen the concept a couple of times - I think @linne1gi may have done one some time back. The scent is strong and my storage room smells like a rose garden!

Well I got somewhat distracted while making the soap dough... I realised that the ingredients were the same as my new slow moving recipe for the Dutch pour, just in different proportions, so naturally I had to make a massive batch and split it between both projects! I think I managed to get a decent black and white for the dough, but we'll see tomorrow how it comes out.

Here's the distraction project:
IMG_20210313_184645.jpg
Think I'm going to take a break from this technique for now, there are so many new things I still need to try.

I was thinking about that egg soap that I've been intending to make, and musing on using goats milk in it also... Then I figured I was halfway to a custard already, why not make a rhubarb and custard soap? We do have tons of rhubarb in the freezer from last summer, but I'm not sure what properties, if any, would actually survive the soaping process šŸ¤”

Last edited:
Well I got somewhat distracted while making the soap dough... I realised that the ingredients were the same as my new slow moving recipe for the Dutch pour, just in different proportions, so naturally I had to make a massive batch and split it between both projects! I think I managed to get a decent black and white for the dough, but we'll see tomorrow how it comes out.

Think I'm going to take a break from this technique for now, there are so many new things I still need to try.

I was thinking about that egg soap that I've been intending to make, and musing on using goats milk in it also... Then I figured I was halfway to a custard already, why not make a rhubarb and custard soap? We do have tons of rhubarb in the freezer from last summer, but I'm not sure what properties, of any, would actually survive the soaping process šŸ¤”
hmmmm...or...why not make a rhubarb and custard pudding!? YUM šŸ˜

I made a matcha soap scented with lemongrass, lemon and litsea essential oils. I may have gone a little overboard with the matcha powder. I did read through all the other posts about matcha soap. It did gel, and hopefully all the way through. Iā€™ll unmold and cut it tomorrow.

Attachments

• F9036EEE-419F-4416-9186-AC0B6964B5A5.jpeg
    F9036EEE-419F-4416-9186-AC0B6964B5A5.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 24
Back