What soapy thing have you done today?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

KimW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have been great if I’d learned my lesson LAST time I made this mistake. Forgot to mark my mold before I soaped. So when I tried to put my little caterpillars on top I had to keep scootching them around. Also, the mold is more full than I planned, even though I reduced the recipe. But, that’s what happens when I put 7 embeds in there!! My green also morphed instantly. Hopefully it brightens up.
Too cute!

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Mobjack Bay I shamelessly copied your brilliant idea of using dividers to make a confetti soap. So much easier than making separate small batches and waiting for a layer to set up! I used Rose Garden from WSP in this soap and it smells sooooo nice, and I’m not really a rose scent fan. Thank you for sharing the idea!
97458936-D736-4474-BBB3-B1CF36260E79.jpeg

Last edited:

amd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beveling zen achieved. Also made two more batches of soap for a custom order (wedding favors). I did not make lotions.

Tonight I think I will be finishing the third batch of wedding favors, and if the soap gods are still in my favor I will do two batches of Japanese Cherry Blossom now that I have all 40 of the embeds done. I made the lye solution over my lunch break so it should be cooled enough by after dinner. Sorry lotions, you're going to have to wait a few more days, when the soap gods are favoring you, one does not ignore them!

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scaled back a bit today from the fancy stuff and tried my hand at a nice gardener's soap. It's just out of the oven after an hour of very low CPOP and looking like soap, which is a good start!
Top layer has oven-dried coffee grounds incorporated for scrubbing, bottom layer plain per DeeAnna's suggestion.
IMG_20210302_221749.jpg

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scaled back a bit today from the fancy stuff and tried my hand at a nice gardener's soap. It's just out of the oven after an hour of very low CPOP and looking like soap, which is a good start!
Top layer has oven-dried coffee grounds incorporated for scrubbing, bottom layer plain per DeeAnna's suggestion.
View attachment 54659
That's gonna be a very scrubby soap indeed. Are those espresso or regular?

Tara_H

Mad scientist
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's gonna be a very scrubby soap indeed. Are those espresso or regular?
Espresso, it's the leftover grounds from our coffee machine, broken up, dried out at low temperature in the oven then sifted to remove any bigger pieces. I may have gotten a little carried away with the dosage though! I'll see how it comes out and I might trim off some of the scrubby part if its really excessive.

Zing

Reaction score
So with the greatest help from all my peeps here, I am collecting ingredients and supplies for a requested "Cocorange" soap and a duped lip butter. I appreciate all the suggestions on vendors and products, new surprises are delivered daily. Today I actually found and bought a palette knife and little cups -- call me Tree Mario. Lots o' money spent and I'm happy about it! I don't have a problem! Do you gotta problem with that?!

Mobjack Bay

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
@Mobjack Bay I shamelessly copied your brilliant idea of using dividers to make a confetti soap. So much easier than making separate small batches and waiting for a layer to set up! i used Rose Garden from WSP in this soap and it smells sooooo nice, and I’m not really a rose scent fan. Thank you for sharing the idea!
Easier and so pretty. A winning combination!

Peachy Clean Soap

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I spent money I shouldn't have on soaping/cooking oils and FO samples.
No problem here' Yesterday I ordered a Planer from amazon received it today free shipping' yay & a Silicone soap mold and M&P from BB & a small silicone soap mold from Esty. Ive gotta spread the love..
You're not alone.. 💫🧼

Last edited:

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a work bonus and immediately started making a soapy list of what I'll be buying. No problem here either. ;)
A loved one sent me AirPods as a Christmas present via Amazon. Since I already had a pair, I returned the gifted AirPods and used the Amazon credit to buy LOTS of soapy things.

I'm positive that the gift giver would be elated to know I ended up with several gifts that gave me so much joy.

Besides, I could stop any time I want to, so this is definitely not a problem.

violets2217

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots o' money spent and I'm happy about it! I don't have a problem! Do you gotta problem with that?!
Yesterday my son brought me a package delivered and I had no idea what it was... It was quite exciting opening it up! And tomorrow I'm finally getting a WSP order from beginning of February! But yet I still have a list of soapy stuff I NEED?!?!?! Remember me panicking late last year that I ordered 10lbs of lye and couldn't imagine using that much in my lifetime? I'm down to 2 lbs and want to order more! Yep! no problem here....:oops::rolleyes:

Zing

Reaction score
So between my last post and now, I have also ordered silicone measuring cups, long-spouted measuring cups, and more stainless measuring spoons (I never have enough and I'm done with plastic). Now I'm stopping for the night. See? No problem here, nothing to look at, just keep walking, I can stop at anytime, easy-peasy.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Remember me panicking late last year that I ordered 10lbs of lye and couldn't imagine using that much in my lifetime? I'm down to 2 lbs and want to order more! Yep! no problem here....:oops::rolleyes:
No, I don't remember that, because I was too busy being concerned about the *yuge* masterbatch of lye solution I'd just made, and wondering when I'd ever use THAT up (along with the 32lbs of lye I purchased). Now I'm on my third master batch of lye solution and am down to about 6lbs of lye.

To anyone who wants to get all judge-y about that: you're the one with the problem!

Last edited:

Jersey Girl

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I don't remember that, because I was too busy being concerned about the *yuge* masterbatch of lye solution I'd just made, and wondering when I'd ever use THAT up (along with the 32lbs of lye I purchased). Now I'm on my third master batch of lye solution and am down to about 6lbs of lye.

I'd say it's the folks who want to get all judge-y about that who have the problem!
Right? 😂😂😂