What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my largest batch of soap I’ve made to date. I Used @cmzaha mold I bought from her back in November’ this molds hold 5-6 lbs’ I love it! & the bar’s fit nicely in your hand, the three colors I used are from Natures Soaps’ Love the Neon Mica Colors & it’s scented w/ several scents but the main & most scent I'd used is called “Bite Me” I think @Zing mentioned he liked the scent’ & I’ve been wanting to try it! It smells so good omgosh’ fingers crossed it’s lasting, the peach scent started to rice I knew it’s a hard scent to work with but I tried to isolate & add last in one of the colors’ but to no avail all I could do is throw the all the colors together as quickly as possible mix & pour into the mold, the soap turned out this beautiful solid orange sherbet color, it’s been over a week of curing & the neon orange color have reappeared in spots' this is the color I add’ed the peach FO to. I think it’s still pretty. @cmzaha 🤗😉 Wink, When An “Experienced Soaper W/ Years Of Soaping” Tells You To “Line The Mold” Don’t second guess her opinion for yours’ big mistake 🙃🤪 I spent half an hour prying the soap from the sides of the mold! Lol 😂. Oh Almost forgot the soap stamp I brushed on mica colors & stamped the soap.

Attachments

• ED98B3E8-E4B1-4417-9CE6-F3511032A039.jpeg
    ED98B3E8-E4B1-4417-9CE6-F3511032A039.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 940B057A-7557-48E6-A862-E1374ECCD971.jpeg
    940B057A-7557-48E6-A862-E1374ECCD971.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I've read a few threads where folks expressed some concerns about soaping in their tiny kitchens. I think both I and @Zing (?) have chimed in that soaping in a small kitchen is no big deal and completely doable. While I do have a small soaping area in our basement, I still come upstairs to use the stove to make liquid soap and, today, those threads came to mind as I was setting up. So, here's a pic of how I soap using 2ft of counter top space in our kitchen, and I could probably do the same with even less space. One thing that IS not pictured is my small 18" square laundry basket that's on the floor. This is where I put things, like my oils and lye and scale, as they are used and no longer needed - it's also what I use to haul my soaping goodies up the stairs. Soap on my soapy friends!!! :)
IMG_8771.JPG

Ohhhhh - these are just lovely, Peachy! Congrats on a big batch. I really like the color and pattern you achieved, even with the misbehavin'. I also got a nice chuckle out of the scent name...hahahaha. Still giggling...
Thank you 🤗💫. I gotta say this FO " Bite Me" smells so good' the description of scent is pineapple & cherry, to me it smells fruity. I loved the scent so much just reordered 8oz from NS.

I've read a few threads where folks expressed some concerns about soaping in their tiny kitchens. I think both I and @Zing (?) have chimed in that soaping in a small kitchen is no big deal and completely doable.
View attachment 54234
Yes, my former tiny kitchen could not keep me from my addiction soaping! Seriously small galley kitchen with 4 doors! Now that we built our new kitchen in our new house (that did not have one when we bought it and then the pandemic hit and then 4 family members moved in🤪) I'm too paranoid to use it for soaping.

It took a whopping 40 minutes! I think it took so long to because I posted them Saturday morning!
That was the most fun I’ve had in awhile. 💜
Thats wonderful' it's one of my faves you have made' really pretty soap. Congrats on your soap flying out the door & having a wonderful fellowing & customer base. 💫🧼🤗

I got a dehumidifier at Wal-Mart today and I'm going to put it back in the room where I keep my soaps. Now that I have that I'll think I'll try bath bombs again. I won't be able to make any more soap for a while though because I can't find powdered goat milk or distilled water. I'm in Texas and our stores are pretty bare after the snowpocalypse. I'm not complaining though because thankfully we never lost power or water (one night it got down to 4 degrees!!!) and we have plenty of food.

I'm not complaining though because thankfully we never lost power or water (one night it got down to 4 degrees!!!) and we have plenty of food.
I'm glad to hear that you did not lose utilities! And your soaps and bath bombs will love the dehumidifier! I want one so bad, but not sure where to put it that will be most beneficial and not in the way!
So I have a question... this is purely curiosity, because while I enjoy TikTok, I have trouble believing anything I see on there (or any social media outlet for that matter)... A Texan posted that while they also didn't lose power they showed a computer image of the bill for the last 3 days which came to a total of almost $5,000. Is that possible for one household in Texas with these extreme weather conditions??
Hope you guys warm up soon!

i was inspired by @JoyfulSudz’ One Pot Wonder and decided I wanted one, too. Needed to pour more of each color into the big container. The colors got severely muddled. It looks like the color scheme of the early 70s spit our through a meat grinder. 😂
Aweeee - nooooooo. LOL For what it's worth, I think you did a fab job on the technique, even with the muddled colors!

I'm glad to hear that you did not lose utilities! And your soaps and bath bombs will love the dehumidifier! I want one so bad, but not sure where to put it that will be most beneficial and not in the way!
So I have a question... this is purely curiosity, because while I enjoy TikTok, I have trouble believing anything I see on there (or any social media outlet for that matter)... A Texan posted that while they also didn't lose power they showed a computer image of the bill for the last 3 days which came to a total of almost $5,000. Is that possible for one household in Texas with these extreme weather conditions??
Hope you guys warm up soon!
That kind of bill is possible if you have a variable rate plan. We thankfully do not as they are too unpredictable. I'm just infuriated that we weren't better prepared. We had a similar bit of bad weather in Feb 2011 that only lasted a day or two and we had the same type of power failure and supposedly we "fixed" it after that but apparently not. The main culprit was the frozen wind turbines that failed first and that caused such a strain on the power grid they had to do power shutdowns around the state. The natural gas wells froze up next and I do not understand why we didn't winterize either one of those. I think the only reason my neighborhood didn't lose power was because we are less than a mile from a hospital.

i was inspired by @JoyfulSudz’ One Pot Wonder and decided I wanted one, too. Needed to pour more of each color into the big container. The colors got severely muddled. It looks like the color scheme of the early 70s spit our through a meat grinder. 😂 View attachment 54248
I was born in '77 and I love 70s color schemes!

Aweeee - nooooooo. LOL For what it's worth, I think you did a fab job on the technique, even with the muddled colors!
😂 Thank you!!
I was quite proud while I was immersed in all the pouring. Unicorns were flying around my head, raibows lighting up the air, Barry White whispering in my ear, “You got this, baby.”

S’ok, though, because it was fu-un!

Last edited:
😂
I was quite proud while I was immersed in all the pouring. Unicorns were flying around my head, raibows lighting up the air, Barry White whispering in my ear, “You got this, baby.”

S’’ok, though, because it was fu-un!
You said, "Barry White whispering in my ear"....blahahahaha - that WAS funny and absolutely spot on with what so often happens when I soap too. Now I know whose voice it is doing all that whispering! 🤣 🤣

Using some Christmas gift card money, I ordered a new stick blender (the Mueller Austria), and an adjustable log splitter from Bud Haffner. I've been vacillating between a log splitter and other soapy things. But since I can't make decent cuts from my slab mold without a log splitter, and some of the money went for the new stick blender, there was just enough to get the splitter.

He responded almost immediately to say he had one in stock, and it was shipped the next day. Amazing! Now let's see how long it takes to get here. So far I've haven't had any major delays with receiving things, but I figure my turn is coming...
I ordered my log splitter from Bud H 2 weeks ago and it took 3 days to get to WI, so it shouldn't take too long to get to you.

Latest posts

Back