What should I use for the first M&P?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you!!!

lauramw71 said:
VERY cool!!! Great job! I'm thinking of expanding and trying some MP soap. I think I might get the $20 swirl kit from Brambleberry. Was that really hard? How long did it take you to make the loaf? Yours turned our SOOO cool!!! Lovin it!!!

It took me about 3 hours.
Here are my mistakes (as I think):
- I got dry color instead of liquid. I needed more time to mix them them to pour into the soap baches.
- On the video on Youtube Anne-Maria said to melt all soap right away. Big mistake. As it was first time for me and I was really slow, soap hardened almost right away so I had to reheat it a lot of time.

Other then that it was FUN!!!

Question: I wrapped them into the clear plastic wrap. Can I use a hair drier to finish the look or I should really get a heat gun?

wow your soaps look so cool! you've inspired me to give soap making a try for my first time. I think if you're not planning on selling or gifting your soaps, saran wrap should be fine without the heat gun. but i'm sure someone else will be able to give you a decisive answer about heat gun vs. hair dryer.

My two last batches... I really liked it! And I sold all of my soap that I did at the beginning. Those "swirly" bars and I made some hearts for Valentine's Day. All gone!!! I'm so excited!!! I also bought a heat gun. (Cheap, $25 at Amazon, nothing fancy and it works great!)

I'm thinking to try CP now. All my MP bases are gone now, I should get reading and view some tutorials on CP and give it a try.

OMG! you are really ambitious for your beginning soaps and they look fantastic! I also like your packaging ideas. I think I'm going to give cp a break and just do melt and pour for awhile. It's fun and quicker too. Thanks for the inspiration. By the way, ordering online is probably best but sometimes I use my Michaels coupon when it's 50% off and get some melt and pour there. - the goat milk is good quality. I'll check out your blog!

I actually went to Michaels yesterday, I had 40% off from Jo Ann and 25% from the purchase. And I got lucky and the cashier run both cupons. So I got 2 soap molds for under $4 :)))

Latest posts

Back