What should I order?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Servant4Christ

Reaction score
I recently ordered a crafters choice silicone loaf mold on Amazon, but it's not here yet and I suspect it's been lost in transit. I'm looking on Amazon and notice another off brand loaf mold that is identical dimensions and only half the price. If my mold is declared lost and Amazon gives me the option, should I reorder the crafters choice or buy 2 of the Joonor brand?

JOONOR Regular Silicone Loaf Soap Mold 8" Rectangular White, DIY Handmade Rendering Mould https://a.co/d/eL1KJRJ

The lengths of the various molds on Amazon vary, which affects capacity/number of bars. Keep that in mind if it matters to you. I didn’t see the interior mold length given for the CC mold, but it may be addressed in the comments section or, if it has a number on it, check for the inner dimensions on the WSP website.

The lengths of the various molds on Amazon vary, which affects capacity/number of bars. Keep that in mind if it matters to you. I didn’t see the interior mold length given for the CC mold, but it may be addressed in the comments section or, if it has a number on it, check for the inner dimensions on the WSP website.
Yep, that's what I look for. Both have the same inner dimensions, as well as the one recommended by @Carly B which was a pleasant surprise. I think I'll stay clear of the Joonor. I hope my CC mold is somehow found and then there won't be a need to make a decision at all.

Ygeomer and Nicole are two fairly inexpensive brands. I have several cavity molds from the first and have not been disappointed.

For stand alone silicone molds, mine have come from BrambleBerry. I have two 4" Square, one 6" Slab and two 10" Loaf. The loaf molds, regardless of who you get them from, will stretch out over time and you will end up with "V" shaped soap. I just had my husband make a couple of frames from scrap wood...problem solved.

Yep, that's what I look for. Both have the same inner dimensions, as well as the one recommended by @Carly B which was a pleasant surprise. I think I'll stay clear of the Joonor. I hope my CC mold is somehow found and then there won't be a need to make a decision at all.
One thing that I found was a pleasant surprise was this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F2BJ52S/
These fit the mold I told you about perfectly, so keep them in mind if you want to section your soap.

Latest posts

Back