What should I do with these? Please help!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellsoap

Reaction score
I got some supplies from a lady from Freecycle can you tell me what I can do with these:
All of these are dried
Pink Rose buds
lemongrass
Star anise, whole
Hibiscus Flowers
Spearmint Leaf
Eucalyptus leaves
orange peel
ginger root
Fennel Seed
Amarunanth?

I got other stuff like steric acid, detric salt, containers, several part bottles of FO's Walnut Oil, and other stuff

jackie

campbellsoap said:
I got some supplies from a lady from Freecycle can you tell me what I can do with these:
All of these are dried
Pink Rose buds
lemongrass
Star anise, whole
Hibiscus Flowers
Spearmint Leaf
Eucalyptus leaves
orange peel
ginger root
Fennel Seed
Amarunanth?

I got other stuff like steric acid, detric salt, containers, several part bottles of FO's Walnut Oil, and other stuff

jackie

The dried herbs can be used in soap or on top of soap. You can also use them in bath teas if you make them. Orange peel would be great in a scrubs if you finely chop it. You can use the stearic acid in your soap too for hardness or if you make scrubs, it can be used in there depending on your recipe. Dendric salt can be used in salt baths or salt scrubs - it is good for holding scent without clumping. I add my scent to a bit of dendric salt and then add that to my salts and bath teas.

I vote for bath teas!

You could add them to instant tea, wrap a few teaspoons in cheese cloth or place them in a cotton bag & toss them in the next hot bath you take.

campbellsoap said:
All of these are dried
Pink Rose buds
lemongrass
Star anise, whole
Hibiscus Flowers
Spearmint Leaf
Eucalyptus leaves
orange peel
ginger root
Fennel Seed
Amarunanth?

jackie

You could also infuse herbs into oils used for soaping or other B&B products. I know the hibiscus flowers and the orange peel can be used for colorant in CP soap. All of the herbs are aromatic and I agree also that they can all be used in bath teas.

Latest posts

Back