What separates one soap company from another?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
advocatus diaboli: Elitism, green-label PR, esoteric humbug, justification of extortion. And don't forget about the Veblen effect and individual & collective self-deception.

It's up to the customers of the world to decide if they want to support this kind of neo-colonialistic perversion or not, regardless if the GMO products are eaten, or washed off after a few seconds. GMO profiteers don't care what you do with their products, once they have your money.
[/QUOT
Use soap language to translate all.of what you just said😂😂😂😂 I mean I understand the meaning of each word but the way you used up all of them in your responses is hilarious

Last edited:
@Sophie I agree that there would be therapeutic effects, just some will be lost due to the saponification process. I don't have skin problems, tough olive skin, but my partner has noticed a difference using "natural" soap. I personally can also feel the difference on my skin if shea butter is used, but no difference between shea and mango. I love hemp oil, but know those omega 3's are destroyed due to heat. I would rather make up a moisturiser, balm or take the oil internally so I can benefit from that particular essential fatty acid than use it in soap. I absolutely love my essential oils, Diploma in Aromatherapy, but for some people, price is a factor and they are not prepared to pay for that in "soap". Good thing I can add them to balms and other body products where I know they are getting the full therapeutic benefit via skin and smell. I personally doubt you would get much therapeutic benefit from the essential oils in soap via the skin, but aroma, hell yes. Essential oils can have a psychological effect on people below smell threshold. Stress plays a huge part in any chronic condition and if those essential oils allow them in chill, who am I to judge.
[/QUOTE

You do realize that you can add these beneficial additives/ingredients after the cook and still maintain their integrity right? Btw I only make HP soaps ..so maybe that's why my soaps still retain most if not all of the benefits and scents of my additives and fragrance/EOs

I’d like to hear more thoughts on how to differentiate yourself from another company. (Particularly when I was just about ready with my selling platform and along came someone with a soap philosophy and style that is nearly identical to mine! She’s off to a good start, and I don’t want to be a “copy” of hers.

I’d like to hear more thoughts on how to differentiate yourself from another company.
Off the top of my head, not knowing more details,
Assuming you are selling in the same venue, you can have the same philosophy and style but set up differently.
Also, every fragrance needs to have that WOW factor. Fragrance sells! :thumbs:

Back