What scents are you drawn to?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet another smf member who doesn’t have a ”type” of fragrance. I tend to like floral and herbal fragrances to be as true to the actual plant as possible. If I want a fresh kind of scent, I’m more likely to go for a minty or citrussy one than one of those ”fresh air” or ”clean linen” ones. I also like some sweet foody scents, perfume dupes etc.

I'm all over the map, but when it really comes down to it, I'm a sucker for fruity florals such as BB's Passionfruit Rose and Grapefuit Jasmine, etc.... One of my favorites that I whip up myself is a blend of WSP's Midsummers Night mixed with either Orange EO or a straight one-note orange FO. Yum!

IrishLass :)

I like pretty much everything too but my favourite are the fresh cotton/linen/ozoney type ones (I actually have no idea what that is)
I could live off the smell of BB Fresh Snow

The only ones I don't care much for as food scents, especially now that I'm a diabetic and can't just go get some apple pie. :mad: That said, I still love coffee & black raspberry vanilla, so... :smallshrug:

I especially love sandalwood, woodsy, spicy, herbals, florals, and citrus.
Sounds like we prefer the same scents. I particularly love Sandalwood. I will look high and low for the perfect one. Not easy.

I like pretty much everything too but my favourite are the fresh cotton/linen/ozoney type ones (I actually have no idea what that is)
I could live off the smell of BB Fresh Snow
You are in Australia aren’t you?
Let me know if you find any good Eroma scents like these. I can’t afford Aussie soap’s BB.

I've been oddly drawn to bamboo scents lately. And sugar scents

Fresh bamboo and bamboo teak from WSP get all my sniffs these days.

But at heart I love floral scents.

I definitely like earthy wood smells. My favs are patchouli and sandalwood. Unfortunately that is not everybody else's favorites, lol. I have made a variety of soaps with earthy smells, and only have one die-hard fan.

I am also a fan of beachy smells...coconut in particular. Until I started soaping and buying fragrance oils, my house usually smelled of coconut. These are also a big hit with people who buy my soap....But it's Florida, so I have a lot of ppl who like it.

Not a fan of florals. Slightly a fan of fruity (usually only if it has some rum in it LOL).

It's funny how people's preferences work. I had a sales party once (not for my soap), and I knew that there was some weird inverse preference for lavender vs tea tree oil. I passed around a bottle of EO of each, and marked down what each person said that they liked better. Almost everybody that loved lavender hated tea tree, and visa versa. It was a neat experiment that I did on my own to get a feel what ppl liked.

I don't have any one 'type' of scent I am drawn to more than another. I do tend to pick more 'identifiable' scents...like someone can pick up a bar of soap and say..."Oooooh...that smells like chocolate and coffee" or "It's smell like Lemon Drops".

I love earthy, sensual scents like amber, patchouli, francinsense, myrrh. I like sweeter scents as well. My least favorite are “clean” scents but I know a lot of people really like that.

Back