What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made up this name when I was playing role playing computer games. I like it and it has followed me around a lot of sites. I like fantasy fiction and it has echoes of being elven, is whimsical and a little fun.

Good Idea, Ian!

I like the lion avatar, BTW. Very strong.

I'm Deda because that's what my family calls me. I couldn't say my name, Deborah, when I was about 2, I said Deda, or DeeDah or DeeDa or what ever. Just never La De Da, which I hate and if you want on my considerable bad side, just call me that.

In regards to the avatar I like cats, and that dancing cat looks just like one of my babies and also reminds me of the silly commercial for Six Flags with the crazy looking old man dancing. I keep thinking I should change it, it is kinda irritating....

Next!
I chose the name newdoug because Douglas is my first name and I've decided to do something different and new, for a change, like introducing myself to the soaping community.

I chose my username because I'm a Birder, and the goldfinch is one of my favourite birds. They're also getting more rare, and we don't see them as often anymore. I know it has nothing to do with soap, but I really like the little guys!

AhZo is a way of saying "Just Me" in a language I...um...made up. (Yes, complete nerd)
The image is cuz....well, I think that is a Yorkie and I freakin ADORE Yorkies! Since I am a bit "out there" with my nonbinariness, I thought the pic was just adorbs and appropriate.

AhZo is a way of saying "Just Me" in a language I...um...made up. (Yes, complete nerd)
The image is cuz....well, I think that is a Yorkie and I freakin ADORE Yorkies! Since I am a bit "out there" with my nonbinariness, I thought the pic was just adorbs and appropriate.
Wow! That's cool that you can think up a new language!

Shelley D because my last name is a mouthful (Romanian by marriage) and I didn't want to use my other avatar names because I felt they didn't "fit in" here ~ One is beadspirit, because my first hobby love was making beaded jewelry; the other is Darryn Michaels, which is like an alter ego name that I use when I feel like I don't want my gender to be obvious, like when I'm gaming 😄
But here I just wanted to be me, and I just happen to be a Taurus and proud of it ♉️ so my pic is my constellation representation

Wow! That's cool that you can think up a new language!
Easier than speaking a real one, trust me.
I am one of those 'mono-language' peeps because: learning disabilities.

"Oh, did I pronounce that wrong? Of course I did not - because I am the only one who speaks it!"
LOL

Easy; my avatar is me (a happy moment with an old friend while we were visiting Linville Gorge Wilderness area in North Carolina last year), and 'Jorah' has been my everyday name since 1986. I'm almost always the only Jorah on any social media platform in the US (I'd likely have a harder time of it if I hung out on Israeli forums).

My name is Marie, but everyone always either calls me ‘Maria’ or spells it with an ‘A’, hence, my user name 😁.
I can't help but giggle because that reminds me of a lady who worked with my mom years ago (back in the 80's), whose name was Cathy, with a "C", and she would always introduce herself as such. One day, someone came into the office asking for Ms. Withasee and everyone was confused so he said, I met her at the conference, Cathy Withasee. 🤣🤣🤣 Oh! You mean Cathy, with a "C"! Apparently they also had a Kathy, with a "K" working there! 🤣🤣🤣

Back