What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This topic was suggested to me by one of our members (Jaaret) and thought it would be a nice addition to the introduction forum.

What made you choose the particular user name or avatar that you did?

tell us what your user name and avatar mean to you!

Example:

My user name is IanT

My name is Ian and last name begins with "T" (easy enough ... right!?)

and my avatar is the Lion of Judah which has a special significance to me and I believe symbolizes strength and dedication.

YOUR turn!

Lol..My avatar is a statement wear the mask, am a Health Educator for some reason I couldn't download one different, soon you will see one that look more like me.

TAINA(O)..Ancestors
many people use it as their first name
LUV (Love)

My username is one that I have used online for years. It was a nickname my uncle used for me for a short time, that somehow stuck in my brain.

Avatar is a sketch I made of a ferret paw print. I'm considering something similar as a tattoo, but in a more watercolor style...

I’m American but I have 100% Scandinavian (mostly Swedish) ancestry. It’s always been something that’s celebrated in my family, and as such i joke to my husband about my Viking blood (I mean, that’s kinda badass, right? 😁) In fact, I did one of those online DNA tests that says I share 65% of my DNA with ancient Scandinavian Vikings.....who knows how true that actually is but it was fun!

My avatar is a Viking rune called the Web of Wyrd. It contains all the rest of the runes and depicts how past events and actions affect the present, and present events and action in turn affect the future. It’s all interconnected. I’d like to get it as a tattoo someday.

Did a First Name merge with my Maiden Name to avoid using my first name due to the obvious negative connotation that now goes along with having the name 'Karen"😬
I know, that is horrible; it really annoys me that something like that has happened to all the Karen's in the world. So unkind!

Great thread here. I'm a newbie here.
The name I use all over the net is usually my very first online name, but thought I'd just be boring and use my real name here.
My avatar is of my little lady, Ms Melt (Formerly known as Fatty Melt). **And the reason that I am passionate about ferret rescue**. May she DIP. Never forgotten.
Hence why I decided to make/sell items online. (For fund raising purposes) We currently have 5 Etsy shops and want to add Soap products to add value to what we offer.

20210716_121546.jpg
Just saw this in our breakroom at work. Hmm. yeah, that's just me. Born Sweet. Unfortunately my legal team needs to get on this unlicensed use....;)

I came up with this username YEARS ago- I'm from south Louisiana which has lots of unusual (mostly French) spellings. When things aren't spelled weird, we jokingly spell them that way anyway. I was trying to come up with a username and I spied my favorite LSU (Louisiana State University) T-shirt on the floor. It said "Geaux Tigers" (pronounced- go tigers). Believe it or not, the username geauxgirl was already taken, so I became Ugeauxgirl. I am something of a go- getter so people say that to me often 😁

Hello all, my user name was given to me by a dear friend. A couple years ago, he also calls me Shuggie, to try an annoy me lol ( it doesn't work) I've been making soap for about a year now and am starting to think about making the jump from hobbyist to sales. And, Sugar Bear Soaps just sounded right.

my avatar is one of my many logo ideas for my soap company.

My soap company is called Cat & Oak Soap Den because first, who doesn't love cats?! The oak is about my Irish heritage and we have a big oak in our front yard.

I used to work for the Nevada Humane Society as a cat caretaker. I took care of ringworm and pan leuk kittens until I got emotionally burned out (heart broken) and had to leave. We used to carry the babies around the shelter in "Dens" so I made that part of my name.

My avatar is my boy Spade who I adopted while I was working there. He came in as a feral and scared everyone. They did surgery, clipped his ear neutered him and took out his eye because he had entropian. No one could go near him but I loved him immediately and took him home. Now he is the sweetest lovebug you can imagine ❤

Attachments

• 20201103_184110.jpg
    20201103_184110.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 16
This topic was suggested to me by one of our members (Jaaret) and thought it would be a nice addition to the introduction forum.
It worries me that I can't see what sounds like a nice avatar for you. I see an "I" in a pink square.
Also, having a long established avatar (a football with a dagger through it), I can't see where to SET my avatar! (Maybe I'm too new!)

"I can't see where to SET my avatar! (Maybe I'm too new!)"

click on your name
hover over your avatar
"edit" should appear and this will give you access to the avatar editing page

Oh, I have overlooked this one:

Well, my avatar is easy. It is just soap. I think I will make a more interesting avatar soon, something more... well, something.

But my username, that is another story (well, story and story, Missis Fiddlehead)

When I started to make soap I didn`t tell a lot of people. I just made soaps, simple, usable, and very forgettable soaps. I put them by the sink, and we also used them in the shower, then I made more soap, thus, years passed.

My family knew of course what I dabbled in, but I didn`t advertize to everyone that, hey, I am making soap. Wanna see?
So more times than often, when it happened to come up by some random comment and whatnot, people who didn`t know, just looked at me with a strange look. Kind of like this ---> 👀 Like I was an alien or something, that forgot to zip up the back of my human-suit, exposing my alien scaly behind.

- You make... soap??
- Yes.
- As in... soap??
- Yes... soap is... well, soap.
- Oh, I see, you mean, you just buy that melty stuff, right? That thing you just buy, melt and then pour? Right??
- No, I make the soap myself.
- 🧠 + 😮 = 🤯

I don`t know why people was so shocked or surprized, but I guess it is a bit more "normal" these days, to be able to go on youtube and just learn the craft, and order anyting you need in an instant. But this was before youtube, and forums were not really a thing either. If you wanted to know something it was either the library or encyclopædia britannica, nothing inbetween.

So when I registered here I wanted something that was a bit of fun. I could use my name too, but I am a bit strange quirky (first step to healing is to admit the problem *cough*)

And then I thought back to those days, were I was kind of like an undercover agent doing something no one expected by looking at me. You see, I was a bit of heavy on the hairspray and red lipstick back then (ouch, flashbacks...) and I REALLY did not look like someone who loved digging in the dirt, drying herbs and make soap, with those glue-on nails and stacks of librarybooks by the bed.

Anyway, undercover agent - double life - double agent - Bubble Agent.
But you can call me Bubble07...

Back