What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Meshaal, so it was easier for me to choose it than to come up with a creative nice nickname haha. Also, my name has a magical power!! Sometimes it enables me to know the nationality and background of who pronounces it!! Anglophones pronounce it Michael, Francophones pronounce it Michel, Russians pronounce it Mikhail haha :D
And how is it pronounced?

My avatar is from the Burger King Simpson's generator - you took your own pic and it converted it into a Simpson-like picture. So, it's me, as a cartoon.

My name is my name - i didn't realize when adding my account they wanted a screen name. I asked the admin if I could change it and never got a reply....

My user name is from my dobie (doberman) girl Cleo (short for Cleopatra) and the picture is one that my husband scanned for me while scanning a bunch of photos I inherited - some long-lost relative I presume but I like her suit and especially her hat.

My avatar is me, my name is a play on words. I love to eat, as my waist will prove, and I’m a Hawaiian from Hawaii. The spin is that I’m also hungry for knowledge. I do a wide variety of crafts and projects and am ever in search of new and cool things to do or build.

Last edited:
*Vampire voice* Good Eevening!

My username was once dreaded and despised!! I was- and still am enthralled by Science and chemistry.

I have lovingly embraced my Nerd qualities, and kept the name as a reminder that weird, smart, and different ARE OK and even sometimes bad ass.

I'm passionate about Bath Bombs! The formulation of them, The procurement of awesome ingredients, The art and design aspect, what they do for mind, body, spirit! I can go on but I'll spare you.
My Avitar (for now) is snap at the Zoo here in Beautiful San Antonio, I absolutely treasure our amazing world for the splendid resources we are lucky to have! Seeing Dr. Carl Segan's Pale Blue Dot turns me to teary gooey mush..

I look forward to learning and sharing with you

Best Regards, Nadia Z.

Hi my name is Janine and my username is a combination of my email (sunchld) and my state (Michigan).

I chose my avatar because to me it is a symbol of the unification of the earth's elements (fire, air, water, earth) and Spirit.

Hi! I am Carolyn. My Avatar name is EEP; my business name is Elaine’s Essentials Plus (EEP).

My name comes from the fact that I lived in Kasilof Alaska for several years when I first started getting into online forums.
Chris obviously is my first name and N is the first letter of my last name.
I added the N hoping it would help people distinguish me a little bit in one of my local forums(a different forum altogether) from others named Chris living in the area.
I still get occasional messages from people in another forum asking me if I'm a particular Chris from this area that they once knew years ago. So far none of them were me.lol
I now live about 15 miles from Kasilof.
But it's helpful to me to have the same username on all the forms I'm on just so I can keep track of things easier.

I chose plantiest as my user name because I used it for my user name on another site. I wanted plantier, but it was taken. I'm always looking for ways to be as crunchy and fragrance-free as possible. Seemed to fit.

I have a circular sock machine. My son tucked one of his stuffed animal friends inside the tube that was being created. This is now my avatar.

My username is my default internet and convention namebadge name. I've used it for years.
My avatar is one of my more recent batches of soap that I did for a challenge involving inlaid designs.

I chose my username because I am a bladesmith. It is just a hobby for me but one that I've stuck with for about 8 years. I like to spend my extra time in the shop. The avatar is just an old picture of one of my forges running.

Cody

My username is my default internet and convention namebadge name. I've used it for years.
My avatar is one of my more recent batches of soap that I did for a challenge involving inlaid designs.

That is a gorgeous soap. I saw your gorgeous soap in the Soap Challenge Club. Congratulations! And welcome to the forum, if I didn't say that before.

My username is the name of my WIP etsy shop (which I chose, itself, because I use a lot of natural botanical/ herbal extracts in my soap+skin care, which remind me of fresh leaf drops sometimes... kinda odd, I realize)

my icon is just a random icon-size image from my laptop tbh-- I don't have pretty pictures of any of my soaps or a cropped version of my logo yet ahaha...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, I chose my name valkyrie because i like the sound of it, it gives me a "wow" feeling. I used to have a default internet name, but i feel like i have outgrown it a bit so valkyrie sounds a bit more mature. my avatar is no face from spirited away, that movie means a lot to me and i have loved it ever since i have first seen it at 18 years old.

Feel like I cheated using my business name and logo! So I suppose what I can say is how we came up with the name? I’m the Raven of our pair and my business partner is Cat. She’s a bubbly, fun, upbeat person that is a huge feline fan. I’m the one normally wearing all black, quieter... so it fit!

Grams is what five small people call me, and my pic is of a blue merle border collie just like mine -- except mine doesn't every stand still long enough to pose for pictures.

Back