What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you could do that, that would be great, I would be here all day trying to remember the wrong spelling! lol It should be jackznanakin

If you want to fix the misspelling, just let one of us modmins know! :)

IrishLass :)
f you could do that, it would really help.

It should be jackznanakin

Thank you!

I mentioned this back in my introduction thread. My name is Stephen, and anyone with this name has said, "Stephen with a PH," countless times. As I was meandering through the internet one day, I ran across this image and it tickled my fancy. The caption read, my friend was asked for his name at McDonald's and replied, "Stephen with a PH.":

phteven-steven-with-a-ph.jpg

Truth Here,
Username's from a long an convoluted road, that describes me as best as possible Xd

Avatar.... havent added one yet, but it will be a picture of Vivi from Final fantasy 9, my all time favorit Final fantasy game, and the COOLEST, CUTEST, and most AWESOME character EVER :p
(edit: apparently i had added one xD enjoy)

Cya around ;)

Hi, lol It was suggested to me to come and post here, as I have been doing this a couple of months, and I had posted questions in another place on this board. I was so busy reading up everything I can, it never occurred to me to post here.

My name: Happy ! to be soap making, it gives me the biggest thrill!
2018, this is the year that I signed up for this board.

My Avatar, me being happy with a soap bubble!

Hi, I picked my initials TNF. I had been doing some reading recently about military history and ran accross the alphabet used and so I picked the call signs for those letters as my username. As far as my Avatar, it’s just a plain old picture of me, pink hair and all. I guess you can say I am finding myself and PINK is my signature color! I have been researching CP for about a year and Just got the courage upmo make my first batch in Nov. I was so excited afterward, I made a second one. The Holidays got in my way, but I did giv my family each a bar of my handmade soap for Christmas! I have been doing some traveling but I cant wait to get back to trying more things!

Hi eveyone. Really enjoyed reading your interesting stories behind your names and avatars.

User name: Saffron as it is my favourite spice....love the flavour and perfume it imparts to food..... reminds me of my mum's cooking. I use it in rice, tea, iced summer drinks etc.
Avatar: A picture I took of an interesting cloud formation in Stratford-upon-Avon where I worked at the time.

I've been a member here since 2016, but didn't really occur to me to introduce myself. Been making CP and HP soap for a few years now, using only 'natural' ingredients. I know, I know........ but you know what I mean :) My extremely talented and generous friend, Amanda, introduced me to soapmaking and I was immediately hooked. Read and researched a ton and I only use my own recipes - mainly using raw goatmilk (fresh from Kelly the Goat which Amanda keeps in her back yard).

Mine's not that interesting. I just used an online alien name generator to generate some possible nicknames for social media accounts and what not, and Moebym was the one I liked the most out of them. I selected it because my first name begins with M, but that's where the similarities end.

As for my avatar, I made it using Androidify, an online avatar creator that lets you customize the Android mascot however your heart desires. I chose it because it's cute, and a rough approximation of how I normally look and dress.

Last edited:
Mine is so boring. It is just my name :) With "w" at the end from what used to be my last name. I used to go my nermal in old forums but everyone used to think I was a dude. Maybe I should go back to that. It was more interesting.

And as for the avatar. Don't really do them so I picked a picture of a new candle of which I am proud.

I got 'Flyjunkie' years ago, back in the 1990's. a Sporting Goods store that i worked in the Fishing dept. a fellow employee noticed that i spent a lot of days off Flyfishing and she made the statement that I was addicted to flyfishing, that i was a junkie, a Flyjunkie.. the nickname stuck and thats' been it for over 25 years.
The photo is myself. I was playing around with lighting effects and seeing how my digital camera worked.. got a few interesting ones.

DEAN ~~~

My user name is one ive used for years, I originally was trying to make an email account and everything I was trying was taken, I came up with this version and it was available. Havent had an issue with the user name since so Im sticking with it.
My avatar is the creek on the west side of the property we recently move to.

My UN I have had for over a decade and a half, I'm native Indian my tribe is in NV where I was born and raised most my life and year I was born. Now am a transplant in OR but will always be battleborn in heart.:smallshrug:

My UN I have had for over a decade and a half, I'm native Indian my tribe is in NV where I was born and raised most my life and year I was born. Now am a transplant in OR but will always be battleborn in heart.:smallshrug:
And my avatar is me and my amazon parrot, love this pic cause he looks like he is wrapping his wing around me for a hug.

It was the closest thing to soaping I had done at the time, I ended up didn't some of that freshly ground turmeric in one of my batches.

Oh, my username is a play on my daughter's nickname. Her name starts with LiLi

Last edited by a moderator:
My user name is my usual social media tag - my YouTube name etc.

And the pic is mostly because I signed up at work so didn't have access to any thing that want online so I picked my favorite tsumtsum as I'm a huge Disney nerd :) and Winnie the Pooh and friends are my favourite

My user name is SeattleMartin

I am not a bird, my name is Martin and I bet you can guess where I live.

and my avatar is a zero because "Zero" is my gaming name, I use zero synthetic ingredients (so far anyways, idk, I might allow some synthetic versions of naturals eventually, but don't hold your breath) and I can't decide if I want to use my ugly FB pic

Hi I am new and don't know if I should even post here.

My username is HobbyMom because I have done and still do a lot of hobbies. I have never sold anything that I made. All my hobbies are for fun I don't want to spoil it with business. CP soaping making is my newest obsession.

The photo: In real life my name is Vicki. I am a stay at home wife and mom. Family is everything to me. I love traveling, hiking, planning, painting, and collecting foreign currency with my children. We like to study the places we get currency from.

Back