What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the pic in my avatar is me... as for the name? Well, a male online friend years ago suggested it because I am a lady and I do like to get into mischief now and then. I liked it and have used it since.

And, no, I'm not the chief of anything. ;)

I don't have an avatar yet, but I chose my name because my soap business is called Charmed Soap & Sundries. It took me forever to choose a name, but I plan to add charms to my product packaging, so that's how I came up with the name.

The pic in my avatar is some random fantasy image that I liked, and my username is my real name (minus the numbers).
Super original, haha.

Some lovely (and descriptive) names out there :)

My username, is of course, my favourite organic compound. Doesn't everyone have a favourite organic compound?

:mrgreen:

Hi, my name is my name given to me by my parents.

I chose my avatar because it is a soap that I made from mold to felting. That is to say, I made the mold, using a technique of mixing silicone caulking and cornstarch, which I learned on YouTube and other tutorials I found online. Then, of course I made the soap to put into the finished mold. Then after cure, I felted the soap to make it more fun and interesting. My felted fish soap is pretty darn cute, don't you think? So when choosing an avatar for the Soap Making Forum, what better choice than something I made of which I am proud? Normally I am a bit more humble, but I truly am very pleased with myself over this one.

When I first posted this, I thought my profile picture was my avatar and that it was showing up under my name, but it wasn't. I had to go into my account and upload my profile picture to the avatar picture. I'll deal with updating the profile picture later, though. Anyway, the avatar problem is now fixed.

Last edited:
Fun topic! It's neat to see everybody's "man behind the curtain" a bit.

I chose BlackDog because fromt the time I could walk, I've always had a black dog. Rat terrier, two black labs, my avatar is my current BlackDog, an American Pit Bull Terrier. Something about a wiggly black fur bottom greeting you always says 'home' to me. If I'm being completely honest, I often entertain daydreams of one day having my own hobby farm (Black Dog Farms, natch!) complete with a few goats, chickens, ducks, maybe a horse. And a veritable herd of dogs. I would do things like sit by the pond with iced tea after making fresh goat cheese. It's all very romantic in my head ;)

This is funny (if you catch the detail)
My name is what I intend to name my business once it can get started. I'm a decedent of the Clan Campbell and their crest features a wild boar. I also want to eventually formulate my own wet shaving soaps. Black Boar is also a Scottish tavern, so I have tried to make soaps inspired by traditional Scottish deserts.

Not very original - my name is Suzie and I live in Oz - the land downunder that is.

My avatar? Well, I love Stitch ... doesn't everyone love Stitch? ... he's misunderstood, cute, alien, totally weird, and Lilo and Stitch is my favourite kids' movie.

I spent 10 years as a single mum raising two children (until I met my beautiful husband at 43) and there is so much I relate to in that movie. My favourite quote which still chokes me up is where Stitch says of his new family he's grown to love - "This is my family - it is small and broken, but still good".

We were small and broken but we were good, and my kids who are now grownup are amazing, kind, smart, resourceful people.

Fun topic! It's neat to see everybody's "man behind the curtain" a bit.

I chose BlackDog because fromt the time I could walk, I've always had a black dog. Rat terrier, two black labs, my avatar is my current BlackDog, an American Pit Bull Terrier. Something about a wiggly black fur bottom greeting you always says 'home' to me. If I'm being completely honest, I often entertain daydreams of one day having my own hobby farm (Black Dog Farms, natch!) complete with a few goats, chickens, ducks, maybe a horse. And a veritable herd of dogs. I would do things like sit by the pond with iced tea after making fresh goat cheese. It's all very romantic in my head ;)

Sounds great, this Black Dog Farms. I'd come visit, and if you plan to sell the roving when you shear your sheep... oops, you didn't say sheep. Darn. I want a place to buy some raw wool roving.

Not very original - my name is Suzie and I live in Oz - the land downunder that is.

My avatar? Well, I love Stitch ... doesn't everyone love Stitch? ... he's misunderstood, cute, alien, totally weird, and Lilo and Stitch is my favourite kids' movie.

I spent 10 years as a single mum raising two children (until I met my beautiful husband at 43) and there is so much I relate to in that movie. My favourite quote which still chokes me up is where Stitch says of his new family he's grown to love - "This is my family - it is small and broken, but still good".

We were small and broken but we were good, and my kids who are now grownup are amazing, kind, smart, resourceful people.
My granddaugher's favorite toy from before she could even talk was a stuffed Stitch toy. She called it by a name that was only for Stitch. When she started calling my by the same name, my DIL was upset with her for calling me by the name of a 'monster'. I said, 'I am honored to be called by the same name of her favorite thing in the whole world.'

I saw this cute graffiti flower on a train long time ago and I was immediately in love. So I decided to use it as an avatar, and it's obvious to call myself flower too. Or bloemie, because it sounds like a cool version of the Dutch 'bloem', which means flower.

https://www.instagram.com/p/708XwtS1_t/?taken-by=tamme.dakhaas > The original photo I took of this cute flower. :3

Hi all, My avatar is a character I played long ago in Everquest, recently a friend got me thinking of that game again and I got all nostalgic. As for my screen name, well I have always said that I have wanderlust, an intense need to travel and see the world, being in the Navy has helped with this and also made it worse haha, the more I see and experience the more I want to see and do. So that plus the fact I have started on the soapmaking journey and I thought they went well together, thus Wanderlust Soaps.

My user name is my middle name that I use as my first name now ( it was a big problem with my parents when I was born)
My Avatar I made myself. That is what I used to do before soaping.
Digital scrap booking and working with artists

My name is based off a wordplay of where I live and what we do. We live in Beavercreek OH. We raise bees so...a little word play and we are now
Beevercreek honey and herb. Our logo/mascot is my own design and concept. "Buzzy" the BEE-VER.

Well, my username is just my first initial and last name. Generally I think it's best (for me, not judging anyone who feels differently) to represent myself as who I am in most online forums.

My avatar is one of the most worthwhile charities I know of. These kids get paid little; they are all but forgotten upon discharge. We owe them a lot for their sacrifices whether we ascribe to the politics that sent them there or not.

Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) serves veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound, co-incident to their military service on or after September 11, 2001 and their families. On that date, America watched in horror as approximately 3,000 people died including hundreds of firefighters and rescue workers. Many warriors note a sense of duty to volunteer for the military following these tragic events.

Beevercreek that's brilliant!

My user name and avatar are both my dog Gus. My last dog was called Toby (mostly I called him Tobydog), after he died and I got a puppy named Gus he naturally became Guspuppy. Even though he is now 6, he's still Guspuppy. :)

Back