What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My user name is based off of my real name, s for my first name kay for my middle name and a c for my last name, and a 1 cause long time ago when I was making my user name for the first time,skayc was taken. as for my avatar, its a small version of a drawing I made.

My full name is Doreen. Mae is my middle name but growing up my family would call me Dorymae. (My mom is from Tennessee - my sister is Linda Leigh - pronounced Lee lol).

I haven't gotten around to adding an avatar yet.

Last edited:
My name is Murphy Girl Soap.

Murphy is my maiden/middle name so I thought it sounded good as my "company" name. I didn't want to associate my ex-married name into my wonderful new endeavor of soap making!!

Jess

My username is my real first name. I'm kind of boring that way, anymore, although I had fun with various screen names years ago.

My family has always called me Dee, though, so I happily answer to that too. And it's shorter to write (hint, hint). I started using my full first name as a young adult cuz my last name is Weed. "Dee Weed" got far too many snickers and disbelieving looks when I moved away from small town Iowa, started college, and lived in the real world.

My nieces and nephews -- all with the last name of Weed -- got tee shirts to wear on their 21st birthday celebrations. The logo on the tees said "A friend with Weed is a friend indeed." They of course got into hot water with some authorities who didn't appreciate the pun.

Last edited:
DeeAnna--you are just funny! Brightened my night! teeheehee

Mine is as boring as yours...Angie Price every single user name I make up is aprice, or aprice522 (5/22 is my wedding anniversary) and now angprice522

I use the same thing over and over again because I am boring--and very very forgetful. It's more the forgetful. .....and careless. Just yesterday I cracked my 2nd screen for my iPhone 5s. Course I got the 5s because I cracked my 4....and then my husband fixed the screen on 4, I had to use it while he fixed the 5s...I dropped the 4 in butter and it no longer has a working mike. careless. very. careless.

(I was making a cookie recipe that was in my text messages....I really don't know how it happened...)

I lose my keys on a weekly basis--but find them in 24-48 hours generally.

I have yet to drop a phone in lye water. I am proud to say. Although I am sure if I did my husband would either ban soaping or make me get a dumb phone. So the phone is ALWAYS ALWAYS in the other room when I soap.

I am an old member, but never talked about my user name 'green soap'.

It has two meanings. The first is that I got interested in making soap as I was looking into recycling/repurposing a few large vats of oil. I held them back from the biodiesel people for some experimenting. I learned that next time, I will give it to the biodiesel people (it was soy oil). However I still have a keen interest in producing soap/balms in the most ecological way, even though it is very difficult sometimes to decide which way this is. I do recycle my peanut oil (used for deep frying) into liquid soap I use to wash my dishes and laundry.

The other meaning is that since I was a child I always liked the scent of 'Heno de Pravia'. It is a spanish soap colored dark green and wrapped in yellow paper. I quit purchasing it because the soap is very drying to me, even though I really like the scent. Reproducing the color is easy. I have not been able to reproduce the scent but i might still try. They use an EO and FO mix, right now I am into only EOs. Fortunately though, the soap I make leaves my skin feeling very nice.

You know when you swirl your finger around in cake frosting and then lick it off? My daughter, when she was little, called that dibbling and it became part of our family vocabulary. Since I like to dabble in crafty things (and dibble frosting), I chose dibbles for my name. My name is Marty.

I believe I've mentioned the fact that my name comes from my husbands gaming community. I was pretty chuffed about it, and it's just stuck as my online moniker.
My avatar is my hand catching a drop of water, set against the backdrop of Zions National Park where hubby and I went for our first wedding anniversary. It will be three years in 13 days! :grin:

Well it comes from my first and last name.

Nikos Giannakopoulos
So simple as that.

The avatar comes from a television series that I loved watching it, and expresses me on my -8 month so far- hobby! (but it is not visible, is it? - edit: OK fixed it!, I had only set "profile picture" instead)

Last edited:
This is the penname I chose for myself when I was very young, and I've been grabbing it as often as I can since the nineties as a sign in

The avatar is me being a geek :)

Mine is a very silly mistake. I thought I was creating my login, not my username, and now I'm stuck with it because I can't figure out how to change it. As to my avatar, I can't seem to get that to stick. I've tried several times but I believe I'm doing it wrong, so I'm a boring generic blank face.

I am a quilter too. thus quiltertoo. My avatar is my latest quilt project. It is a 32 inch square wall hanging. I used a 5 inch picture in a gardening catalog as a pattern and appliqued and thread painted it.

Mary Lou

My username is pretty boring, but something that I've always stuck to out of habit. It's just my first initial S, and my surname Penny and I always chuck my birth year (92) after it as spenny is normally taken.

My avatar is just me kicking back at the beach on New Year's Day in the hot NZ summer!

Latest posts

Back