What made you pick your avatar/ username?!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An unhealthy obsession with the late 90's / early 00's and the dogged belief that I'm definitely still super young and not getting older by the year. 2018? Pffft, impossible!

My username Lye-h20-oil is my OMG moment when I realized that soap only needs 3 ingredients. I almost always abbreviate h20 for water when taking notes at work.

My avatar is just the sand castle we made at the beach with the crazy eyed octopus shovel.

I'm having fun making soap and looking forward to making more!

I'm using my nickname I got in high school.. Someone thought it made Dawn sound cuter lol

My pic is me and my baby boy :)

Good Idea, Ian!

I like the lion avatar, BTW. Very strong.

I'm Deda because that's what my family calls me. I couldn't say my name, Deborah, when I was about 2, I said Deda, or DeeDah or DeeDa or what ever. Just never La De Da, which I hate and if you want on my considerable bad side, just call me that.

In regards to the avatar I like cats, and that dancing cat looks just like one of my babies and also reminds me of the silly commercial for Six Flags with the crazy looking old man dancing. I keep thinking I should change it, it is kinda irritating....

Next!

When I was younger one of my cousins who was 2 at the time couldn't say my or my sisters names..My name is Jamie but Jenny called me Mimi *which is what a few of my granchildren call me now*.. And she called my sister Danita Deda. And curious enough too, though the spelling is different, our mothers name was Debra :)

My user name is a mix of an online nickname I was given as a shorter version of my username on livejournal and my partners middle name of Li. The avatar is two of my granddaughters; sisters Tempest and Winrey. They watch soap videos with me and make demands about soap constantly. Tempest *in white* even made some melt and pour with me. They are anxiously awaiting christmas soap in the snowflake mold I recently received from bescented. They are not very patient girls xD

Last edited by a moderator:
My name has been used for over 10 years now on anything I have to create a name, getting on now so this is always easy to remember after all this time. I love christmas so xmas just made it different. My nanna always added dear to my name so that is how I got my 2 favourite things together. The pic, well, the world has gone crazy and I love alice in wonderland, so thought I mgiht fit in with this one.

I chose my username b/c it's just easy "JillJ'. :)

My avatar is an Akan (African) symbol meaning wisdom and creativity. I like this combination of traits, especially as I grow older.

BTW, I am neither Akan nor African, but I'm quite interested in symbols in general, and since I'm living on this continent now, it's been my focus. :)

hello . my name is Trent but dragon will be the name of my first soap.
been reading a lot and slowly collection equipment and ingredients for my dragon bar
i feel ready but funds are slim so its a sloe project. i hope to find advice and inspiration on this site

Greetings everyone. I’m brewedsoap. I picked this name because it encompasses my soap style.I’ve been soap making for my family for about 6 years, self taught through countless library books, YouTube videos, and online research. Making soap is one of the many crafty things I do. I’m passionate about natural health and wellness, all things crafty, DIY, and living an eco-friendly lifestyle. I’ve found that I enjoy making soap with coffee, tea, craft beer, and most recently, wine. That’s where “brewedsoap” comes from...there’s usually a “brew” of some sort in every batch. I’m here to gain and share soaping knowledge. [emoji846]

I have used too many of the same usernames on different sites, and I didn't want to continue that trend, so I googled usernames, lol. But it also happens to be a city that I grew up in.

I learned at our local gibbon sanctuary that the leading cause of their endangerment is loss of habitat to palm plantations. I got into soaping to make palm-free soap.

Last edited:
My username is "Justrambling" because I don't tend to post short posts, I tend to ramble. LOL! Plus, I also love to travel, so it's kind of a mix of travel and my tendency to talk too much. My avatar was created by me, I have been purchasing handmade soaps from local goat farms, etc, for several years, and I do love them. So much so, that I have not purchased store-bought soap for myself in probably 3 years. So, yeah, I love handmade soaps.

Last edited:
'Kiwi' is an expression used to describe someone from New Zealand. Most Aussies and British folk will refer to us as Kiwi. Most Americans think Kiwi is a fruit, but actually the name 'Kiwifruit' was a clever marketing ploy years ago when we began exporting copious amounts of Chinese Gooseberries, as they were then called. So, to make everyone aware of their origin, they renamed them 'Kiwifruit'. Which was shortened over time in many countries to the word 'kiwi'. Alas - not many countries (other than Australia) knew that the term 'Kiwi' was generally used to describe us peeps.
A kiwi is actually a flightless bird indigenous to New Zealand - now endangered: https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/birds-a-z/kiwi/facts/

Moose was the nickname my father gave me a s a child because I was rather headstrong :)

:D picked mine because I am not very good with coming up with abstract names. My picture is my favorite hand carved Giraffes, Bob and Lucy, from Zimbabwe. They are 6' and 7' tall carved from one piece of olive wood.

Well, I'm not all THAT old, but I keep gettin' older. I guess that's all good.
"I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up," as somebody said.

"Hippie" because, ummm...long story. The RD version is: grew up in a fairly strait-laced family, went into the Army like every other male in the line, survived that. Went up in a little valley in the Oregon Coast Range and found some beautiful people (but not with flowers in their hair...). Decided The Movement had a lot going for it and simply stuck with it as much as possible over the years. Sometimes closer than others.

Now living on an organic farm in BC, watching chickens and trees. We're eatin' what we're growin' nowadays in self defence, as the Bellamy Brothers sang in my theme song, "Old Hippie."

The avatar is "Mr. Natural" by R. Crumb. A sometimes irascible old coot, just like me. We actually look pretty much alike, Natch and me -- long grey beard and shaved head, goofy grin and big feet.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Old Hippie

My Sons were both in Cub Scouts at the time. I was Cub Master for my troop and we had a day camp that was themed for Pirates. We all had to have names right??...most of my leaders choose names like Captain Julie or Captain Smith. Me I had to be a little different.

One of my sayings is "All in a days work! So I became Captain Krowsyad! (dayswork) spelled backwards. "Ayee Captain Krowsyad here, lads your doing great! It's all in a days work!"

Hello I'm new here and I chose my name cal43 because my name is Calditer, pronounced Cal-di- Tah. My dad gave me my name and I get very offensive when someone tells me how it should be pronounced because of the spelling. My Dad pronounced it that way and that's how it's going to stay. It could be because of lack of education but I really don't care. It's staying way until I die. My dad is sick now and that's my way of honoring him.

My avatar pic is a picture of a chair I upholstered. It's my sewing chair and I love it because it is pretty and beautiful.

The name Southpaw soaps came from a combination of several things, I am left handed, I live in South Carolina and my dogs are my kids and I imprint a paw mark on my packaging. My intention is to upload a photo of my dogs for my SoapMakingForum page.

My name is Meshaal, so it was easier for me to choose it than to come up with a creative nice nickname haha. Also, my name has a magical power!! Sometimes it enables me to know the nationality and background of who pronounces it!! Anglophones pronounce it Michael, Francophones pronounce it Michel, Russians pronounce it Mikhail haha :D

Latest posts

Back