What kind of wax do you usually prefer to work with?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What kind of wax do you usually prefer to work with?

• Total voters

jellyfish

Reaction score
Just wondering. . .

I haven't done too much with candles so I want to get a feel for what other people prefer and why. So types of wax do you usually use and what is it you like about it?

Usually paraffin or beeswax - i don't make candles very often though

I use strictly beeswax! Beeswax produces negative ions which clean the air makign it more healthy to breathe!

I love soy. So easy to clean up and doesn't harden as fast as paraffin. I started using soy and now I'm experimenting with a 50/50 for tarts and votives. I'm not used to pouring at such a high temperature and it cools so fast. Soy is so easy to work with and cleans up with soap and water!
Very soft on the hands also!

I love soy too I use the 100%. I started playing with palm with tarts and man it's a bugger to clean LOL.

I do not make candles, but when customers come into my sho & see soy candles they say "Oh, those are supposed to be better right?" So, they are better sellers in my area.

Go Soy!

I actually started my business making soy candles. Then I got to soaps and lotion and all sorts of natural stuff. I ended up dropping the candles cause you cant home business insurance reasonably priced if you make candles. I'd hate to get sued and lose my house cause someone caught their house on fire! I do make wickless, and tarts. Alot of people like to use mug warmers to melt the candles.

I make soy container candles and would love to try something different like palm wax but i have not had the time to do so yet.

I use palm wax and love it. During outdoor craft shows on hot days it holds up well. Most customers come into my booth thinking soy is the best and I give them a little more information so they can make the choice that is right for them. My candles are different than most and at craft shows they are about 60% of my sales, a lot less online though.

Bruce

In college my roomie and I poured paraffin.... I changed to 100% soy 10 years ago and then started adding beeswax to my soy about 2 years later.... I absolutely love the clean up... my customers like that I support soybean growers and that I use locally grown Beeswax.

I actually started my business making soy candles. Then I got to soaps and lotion and all sorts of natural stuff. I ended up dropping the candles cause you cant home business insurance reasonably priced if you make candles. I'd hate to get sued and lose my house cause someone caught their house on fire! I do make wickless, and tarts. Alot of people like to use mug warmers to melt the candles.

Do you still need insurance if you only make melts and wickless? I am in the same boat....

Latest posts

Back