What kind of cutter is this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now here’s another amazing soap cutter. Out of my league for now, but anyone know what this one is? Looks like you can adjust where the soap hits the wire, so you can really adjust the size of the final bars. Very cool!

Someone asked about cutter in the commnets below video and soapmaker anwsered that this cutter is no longer available.
You can find something similar on alliexpres here but I don't even want to think about shipping costs and duty.
Also I am a little bit concerned about quality of this kind of products (from this source).
On the other hand it looks great!

@hungryhawaiian Great inspiration to your project. I'm looking forward to see it!

View attachment 36343

I refuse to pay for just about any soap cutter I’ve seen on the market, professional or otherwise. I’m an avid DIYer and I have construction experience and a good variety of hand and powered tools, so I will be building my own for a mere fraction of the cost. Already purchased the guitar strings (even the thinnest strings available will be strong enough to cut soap), the HDPE sheets, and the guitar tuner pegs. I’m also planning to build my own molds for doing them fancy swirly designs. Any leftover material will probably be used to make another mold.
You sound like me, I’m going to make myself a multi cutter soon. My husband don’t like when I use his tools but a girl gonna do, what a girls gonna do. He is afraid I cut myself. But my motto is, if I can have babies, I can use power tools

You sound like me, I’m going to make myself a multi cutter soon. My husband don’t like when I use his tools but a girl gonna do, what a girls gonna do. He is afraid I cut myself. But my motto is, if I can have babies, I can use power tools

Buahahahaha! I applaud your determination! But I never condone the use of a mans tools... [emoji23] I’m particular about my tools, so I purposely own a set of loaner tools for when people ask to borrow.

Make sure you take pictures and show us! I wanna see

Buahahahaha! I applaud your determination! But I never condone the use of a mans tools... [emoji23] I’m particular about my tools, so I purposely own a set of loaner tools for when people ask to borrow.

Make sure you take pictures and show us! I wanna see
Once we got married all he has is mine and mine is mine. Hehehe, just kidding but those tools are fair game around here.

This is the single cutter I made. So the multi cutter is sure to come soon.

Attachments

• 2724E3D8-0BE7-4D98-BB21-415F0C4F8BD6.jpeg
    2724E3D8-0BE7-4D98-BB21-415F0C4F8BD6.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 56
Once we got married all he has is mine and mine is mine. Hehehe, just kidding but those tools are fair game around here.

This is the single cutter I made. So the multi cutter is sure to come soon.

I’m so impressed!

You can buy a cutter like that. Once, I was about to buy one, but didn't and bought another instead. I will see if I can find the cutter again and send you the link. It is made from wood, not very expensive, and I think it is from Spain.

One moment, and I will find it....

Here is one. I'm not sure if it is the same as the one I thought of buying. Anyway, it is much cheaper than the one from Aliexpress:

https://www.ladespensadeljabon.com/Cortador-de-Jabo

And here is another one, think it is second hand, perhaps. Even cheaper than the first link:

https://www.milanuncios.com/otros-articulos-de-bricolaje/cortador-de-jabon-201585591.htm

Here is the one I though of buying, I'm 100% sure now when I saw the picture. It is almost for free, only 40 euro ($45). But the lady who owns the shop does not ship to Norway. She does ship to several EU countries, and maybe to US if you ask her:

https://jaboneriadesuval.com/mesa-cortador-de-jabon.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bud cutters on Etsy are also a nice option. I have the VolksRose bamboo soap cutter that I got from Amazon, it's not great but I don't hate it either.

I have the single wire cutter from Lilyum Sabun in Turkey (the first picture in the link). It is a great cutter, works beautifully. It is a little rougher looking than the Bud cutters, especially at the edges (some sandpaper will easily fix it), but the price was also much lower. The functionality is though just perfect. I can not complain.

Lilyum Sabun does also have the cutter used in the chinese video, I see now (look further down at the page in the link). She have it for $70 dollar, and it is made in wood. She does send to most, if not all countries. And she is a very kind lady:

https://www.lilyumsabun.com/sabun-kesme-aletleri

Latest posts

Back