What is Your Favorite Cherry FO?

Discussion in 'Fragrance Oils/Fragrance reviews' started by Kerry K., Jan 26, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

1. Jan 26, 2019 #1

Kerry K.

Kerry K.

Kerry K.

So, I am trying to make a cherry fragrance (my partner and I make fragrances and body creams as well as soap), and I bought some para-tolualdehyde and heliotropex from a perfume supplier, and blended that with Save on Scents' black cherry fragrance. I might also want to make soap based on my cherry fragrance.

Only thing is, as happy as I am with many of SOS' fragrance oils, the black cherry at its weakest is still too chemical smelling. I am wondering if any of you have a favorite black cherry FO (or any cherry FO) that isn't harsh and that doesn't smell too chemical.

I found a natural cherry fragrance oil, but it is expensive and would rather use a synthetic. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

2. Jan 28, 2019 #2

Carl

Carl

Carl

3. Jan 28, 2019 #3

shunt2011

shunt2011

shunt2011

Staff Member Admin

Black Cherry Bomb from NG was pretty strong. I made soap quite a long time ago with it.

4. Jan 28, 2019 #4

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

jcandleattic

I like Bite Me from NG - it has a really strong cherry scent to it and lasts forever in soap (I have a soap that is about 8 years old that still smells strong with it)

5. Jan 28, 2019 #5

amd

amd

amd

Supporting Member

I've used NG's Cherry FO - fresh off the cure rack it had a bit of chemical scent, but a few weeks later it was just a nice candied cherry. Next time I use it I am going to use less FO (I used 1 oz PPO) and see if that helps reduce the chemical note, or I'll just have to make note to cure it longer.

6. Feb 15, 2019 #6

joellcox

joellcox

joellcox

Supporting Member

Most cherry fragrances I've ever bought or sniffed smell strongly of benzaldehyde. I suspect that it's the major ingredient in the lot of them. It's a pleasant enough scent, but there's no getting away from the "chemicalness" of it.

7. Apr 11, 2019 #7

MegaSoap

MegaSoap

MegaSoap

I second the Black Cherry Bomb from NG.