What is Your Favorite Cherry FO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerry K.

Reaction score
So, I am trying to make a cherry fragrance (my partner and I make fragrances and body creams as well as soap), and I bought some para-tolualdehyde and heliotropex from a perfume supplier, and blended that with Save on Scents' black cherry fragrance. I might also want to make soap based on my cherry fragrance.

Only thing is, as happy as I am with many of SOS' fragrance oils, the black cherry at its weakest is still too chemical smelling. I am wondering if any of you have a favorite black cherry FO (or any cherry FO) that isn't harsh and that doesn't smell too chemical.

I found a natural cherry fragrance oil, but it is expensive and would rather use a synthetic. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

I like Bite Me from NG - it has a really strong cherry scent to it and lasts forever in soap (I have a soap that is about 8 years old that still smells strong with it)

I've used NG's Cherry FO - fresh off the cure rack it had a bit of chemical scent, but a few weeks later it was just a nice candied cherry. Next time I use it I am going to use less FO (I used 1 oz PPO) and see if that helps reduce the chemical note, or I'll just have to make note to cure it longer.

Most cherry fragrances I've ever bought or sniffed smell strongly of benzaldehyde. I suspect that it's the major ingredient in the lot of them. It's a pleasant enough scent, but there's no getting away from the "chemicalness" of it.

Back