What is your business called?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephie

Reaction score
I still don't sell soaps much - just a bar here and there to friends, so i haven't given myself a name yet. I'm starting to throw around some ideas though and I'm curious to hear what other people are using as a business name.

I cant tell you my business name just yet because I am getting it trademarked. My last business name was stolen..

Give us some ideas that you have and we could maybe help a little better. Do you have a nickname or a favorite flower, state, animal, bug?

smellitlikeitis said:
I cant tell you my business name just yet because I am getting it trademarked. My last business name was stolen..
Oh wow, really??? :shock: In other words we shouldn't mention our store names??? Wow, I'd never thought of that!..

How much does it cost to have it trademarked?

Well, you all probably know my business names. I have 2 businesses, related to the soap trade.
My soap and B&B business is called: The 'Ole Goat Soaps & Lotions. I make ONLY goat milk based soaps, lotions, creams, milk baths, you get the idea!

Along with that, using the first 3 initials from each word in my company name, I came up with: TOG Soapmaking Tools! I make a very unique lined wood mold, soap bevellers, 3 different type bar and slab cutters, and a few odds & ends! That's about it. That is how I named what I do. not to original, but unique!

Paul.... :wink:

FitMommyOf2 said:
smellitlikeitis said:
Oh wow, really??? :shock: In other words we shouldn't mention our store names??? Wow, I'd never thought of that!..

How much does it cost to have it trademarked?

$325 online.. but if you want to do it by paper it can get up to 450 or so.. but yes it happened. That was a lesson learned. Hard lesson. Although we are all soap friends, you have to be careful what you put online in the forums. Especially things you care not to share.
I have already sent it in so I can tell you now...

Smell It Like It Is

Smell It Like It Is, that's the name of a book about garlic, I think. Cool name when it comes to soapin though!

Paul.... :wink:

Back