What is you signature scent??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
Shannon gave me something to think about when I read her thread in the business section. (Sorry for stealing shannon! LOL) Of course this question applies to whatever you make with it. A customer fell in love with my black raspberry vanilla soap and told me I should make this my signature scent? HMMM? I never thought about that before I told her? So now I'm thinking maybe I want a few signature scents but what would that mean? I already provide almost every scent in anything I make except lip balm andlotions. So back to my question, what is your signature to die for scent?

Dragonsblood from Bramble Berry. Not that I sell yet, but I love, love, LOVE this fragrance. I make soap, scrubs, lotion, bodyspray and perfume for myself with this scent - talk about layering!!

I don't have one. Because my preferances change w/ the wind.-LOL! I do have a few scents I have stuck w/ for all 6 years & keep them in stock year round, but those are just my basics, no 1 scent is my signature.

I would suggest if you choose warm vanilla sugar or black raspberry vanilla as a signature scent you change the name since BBW already has a trade mark on them both.

I use BBW dupe scents too so I am not trying to be a hypocrit, but for a signature scent I would think altering the names to make them original to your line would be a benefit.

nope, don't have one. Usually offer about 35 dift scents. Lavender is by far the most popular.

Nile Queen was a real winner, only I colored it purple, it turned out dark grey, so I gave it a purple name and made the wrapper print purple (psychology techniques): 'Purple Rain'. Sold out so fast. Smells great too though.

No problem Pepper!

I want 6. One in each catergory of:
Fresh
Spice
Fruity
Floral
Bakery

Im not sure on the last one just yet. Maybe a combo of something.

Becky said:
Dragonsblood from Bramble Berry. Not that I sell yet, but I love, love, LOVE this fragrance. I make soap, scrubs, lotion, bodyspray and perfume for myself with this scent - talk about layering!!

I like dragonsblood from bb also!

Becky said:
Wow, I've always wondered about that scent! It's that good, huh? I guess I'll have to try it one day! :wink:

ETA: I don't have a 'signature' scent per se. But I do get asked for OMH by moms who've bought soaps from me before and where I included some OMH samples :wink:
It's my fav. scent so far; I'm making the kids milk baths with it and can't wait til I get my body powder stuff so I can sell like OMH after the shower too! :lol:

I don't use perfume any more Val, I just make myself a bodyspray with cyclomethicone & Dragonsblood FO (98% & 2%). I find it sticks much better than any perfume I've ever tried & smells just as good as Maroussia (sp?).

OMG, Becky! Are you serious!?! Maroussia??? That was one of my fav perfumes 10 years (ok.. 15 :lol: ) ago!!!
Aww.. man, I need to ask Santa for some $; now I have to try that Dragonsblood and get some of that cyclomethicone. (I assume WSSP has it? :oops: )

Thanks for letting me know! :D

I don't have a particular one either, but I do a custom mix of a scent. I love Oatmeal, Milk & Honey FO as well! I have tried several. I have a mixture of three different suppliers with slightly different OM&H scents. Mixed together at a rate of 30, 30, 40% of the 3, I have a OM&H that is really perfect in my nose anyway. My wife loves Warm Vanilla Sugar and Black Raspberry Vanilla.

Paul.... :) :wink:

Paul,
you're so right! Not from all suppliers is the OMH fragrance the same! I swear, the one from WSSP smells like Almond more than anything else! (I even called as I thought they might have made a mistake :oops: :lol: )
My ultimate favorite is from Bittercreek, but I'd love to smell your combo for sure, sounds interesting! :wink:

Ohh.. warm vanilla sugar; is that the fragrance from 'my' decandent butter, Paul??? If so, I loooove that smell!!! *drool*

Back