What is Yoni soap? What makes a soap safe for the vagina ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheGecko and @KiwiMoose I should've mentioned I have an autoimmune issue that I've learned to manage for over 30 years now, and don't use undies at all, and my diet of allowed foods is constantly narrowing.
My UTI issue isn't run off the mill, and my washing at every visit to the toilet is probably more to quell my anxiety than actually preventing any infection from taking hold.
So to clarify, I wasn't touting my soap as a medicine AT ALL, in any way, shape, form. I only meant that I didn't have any dryness issues on the external parts where I use the soap. I never wash the inner labia, or my vagina, but do wash everywhere else that can contaminate my clothing since I can't wear panties due to the thinning of my skin from long term steroid use.
Just hoping this clarifies what I didn't say in my previous post. 😞

@TheGecko and @KiwiMoose I should've mentioned I have an autoimmune issue that I've learned to manage for over 30 years now, and don't use undies at all, and my diet of allowed foods is constantly narrowing.
My UTI issue isn't run off the mill, and my washing at every visit to the toilet is probably more to quell my anxiety than actually preventing any infection from taking hold.
So to clarify, I wasn't touting my soap as a medicine AT ALL, in any way, shape, form. I only meant that I didn't have any dryness issues on the external parts where I use the soap. I never wash the inner labia, or my vagina, but do wash everywhere else that can contaminate my clothing since I can't wear panties due to the thinning of my skin from long term steroid use.
Just hoping this clarifies what I didn't say in my previous post. 😞
Not at all - I shouldn't be making suggestions. I know what it's like when you have a longstanding issue and you've tried everything, and then someone says "have you tried...?" YES, YES I have! :)

My mother in law's advice to me when I married her son was to douche once a week with what called medication. It was something that doubled as floor cleaner, akin to the old Pine Sol. Never used it.
Nowadays I make a bar of soap for myself that my family likes as well, that I need to use every time I go to the bathroom.
I suffer from chronic UTI's. And though I take meds specifically for them, I did ask my urologist if I should take extra precautions, and she said it wouldn't hurt. So far so good, and no vaginal issues.
I had a chronic UTI problems for years when I was younger. If you have never been told, you need to urinate soon after having sex. It's unbelievable what a difference it makes. Also, no tight fitting pants all the time. That part of your anatomy needs some ventilation occ

That is a bogus ad floating around on the internet. Miss Kim Novak would NEVER let her likeness be on an ad such as this.

It's def a bogus ad .... here's the actual one. But even this one makes interesting cosmetic claims.

Attachments

• luxad.jpg
    luxad.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 47
Good afternoon everyone. I was hoping that maybe someone here can enlighten me. What the heck makes a vaginal soap safe for the outer area of the vagina? I saw this really popular soap page on instagram that sells “Yoni Soap” and there are all these reviews about it helping women with their cramps and yeast infections. Can a soap actually achieve that? I was majorly skeptical because the soaps were colored clearly unnaturally and I wouldnt use a vaginal soap that wasnt a neutral color.

Even brands like Honeypot and Vagisil that have feminine vaginal soaps, what makes them that way? Maybe they are not lye based but that is the only soap Ive ever made. I have been selling to my close friends and family and they always ask me if my soap will throw off their PH. Im like, I dont think so! But I use mica and TD and fragrance oils and vanilla stabilizers and other synthetic ingredients sometimes. Are these safe for the vagina? Thank you so much in advance for any input at all and I hope I posted this on the correct board.

Hello. I just read your question after reading an article on this very topic here:
https://www.ultimatehpsoap.com/post...safe-personal-cleansing-and-loving-your-flora
I hope you find this information as helpful and vital as I did.
Namaste

I am a diabetic, so occasionally get a small amount of sugar "overspill" in my urine. That can encourage yeast infections. So I *do* wash my labia with color- and fragrance-free olive oil soap using Zany's recipe. I notice that those that sell "Yoni Soap" are pretty adamant about how necessary it is to "stay fresh and clean". LOL. Reminds me of some of the 1950s ads (yes, I've been around a while...)
I was thinking Zany's Castile is the way to go. I started using goats milk soap about 5 years ago and " knock on wood" never any personal issues tho menopause is a raging beeotch lm tell you

My mother in law's advice to me when I married her son was to douche once a week with what called medication. It was something that doubled as floor cleaner, akin to the old Pine Sol. Never used it.
Nowadays I make a bar of soap for myself that my family likes as well, that I need to use every time I go to the bathroom.
I suffer from chronic UTI's. And though I take meds specifically for them, I did ask my urologist if I should take extra precautions, and she said it wouldn't hurt. So far so good, and no vaginal issues.
Have u seen the old print ads recommending lysol? Holy beezlebub that is not good for the vajayjay

I think this has finally answered all my questions regarding the infamous "Yoni Bar". Seems like a load of sh**** and I will continue to use my standby ingredients and add ins.
AND recommend the people who request this product, to shop elsewhere... Too harsh? Honestly, I think not.

I think this has finally answered all my questions regarding the infamous "Yoni Bar". Seems like a load of sh**** and I will continue to use my standby ingredients and add ins.
AND recommend the people who request this product, to shop elsewhere... Too harsh? Honestly, I think not.
You can always try to gently educate them. Some may respond well and be thankful to you. Those who don't respond well can be sent on their merry way. ;)

>I don't think anyone who uses soap down there is actually washing up inside, I know I'm not but I do wash everything external.<

Just found this thread. We in the USA now shower more than tub bathe. Our "Lady Gardens" don't get much attention to just plain old water, this way. In a bath, the water has diffused soap in the water, and the soak cleaned with out any hard contact with a bath sponge/puff.

As for washes, we are all about smelling good. Ladies, if there is a strong smell, you need to consult your doctor. It does not need to smell like flowers/fresh rain, it should smell like it does. We need to understand that the pits and the garden have a distinctive smell.

In my 60 odd years, I have found men to be much stronger in their "junk" than women. That is why a soap out there is called Ball Wash. I have found that a good swish of water before the soaping keeps everyone and their "bits" happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back