What is Yoni soap? What makes a soap safe for the vagina ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Designed by men for women - because they know best ;-)
I had an older patient who was staying with her daughter and thought she was using one of those sprays before her GYN appointment but it was one of the kids containers of spray on glitter instead. It made quite an impression on the doctor who said “my aren’t we fancy”

Kitten love fits a little too well. I didn't know it was an edit. And those feminine deodorants, I used to use them on my jeans before febreeze became a thing when I stayed over someplace. They also served as emergency deodorants for when I ran out. I'm weird, I know.

I just saw this thread on Twitter tonight and thought I would share
1A05E90B-CA23-4074-87DA-9AD1F0C5EB0A.png
4BFAFAFA-4C9B-4700-AEE0-94F0C0D15900.png
4BFAFAFA-4C9B-4700-AEE0-94F0C0D15900.png
. The Dr recommends Cerave or Cetaphi for cleansing the vulva.

A quick search suggests that "Yoni" Soap is simply a euphemism for vagina as there appears to be several different companies selling it.

Here are some copy/paste ingredients:

Coconut Oil, Herbal Infused Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Raw Shea Butter, Organic Yogurt, Castor Oil, and Apple Cider Vinegar.

Jojoba oil, Retinols, Glycerine, Vitamin-a, Shea butter, Alcohol, Rosehip oil.

glycerin, shea butter, pure essential oils, and natural mica powders.

essential oil, olive oil, coconut oil, acv, shea butter, rose clay

WINNER-WINNER CHICKEN-DINNER: Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Apple Cider Vinegar, Rosemary Essential Oil, Basil Essence Oil, Rose Absolute, Dried Rose Petals. At least it's soap, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to rub dried rose petals on my nether regions.

glycerin, shea and mango butter, olive oil, sunflower oil, lemongrass, sweet almond oil, moringa oil, neem oil, honey, rosemary extract, lavender, lemon E.O, Turmeric E.O, vitamin E, eucalyptus leaves, activated charcoal, beetroot powder, natural mica powders.

infused with herbal olive oil blend, tea tree, and oregano oil.

GYN once told me that a gentle soap and water is all you need. Change you pad or tampon frequently. And if you feel to cleanse after your period...warm distilled water. Wear panties with a cotton crotch. Don't wear tight panties or pants. Let it get a little air and sunshine.

Yogurt seems counter-intuitive for the vajayjay. But women have had vaginas since the dawn of time, so maybe its some ancient wisdom.

When I was growing up in the 80s, douching was very popular and they were everywhere. Commercial of moms teaching their daughters how to be "fresh" lol.

A doctor told me not to use them, not the vinegar, nothing. Only a medicated one under the care of a doctor would ever be warranted.

I mostly remember women running on a beach and talking about feeling "not so fresh" and then feeling "fresh" I'm pretty sure they ran on the beach after their "freshening"

My mother in law's advice to me when I married her son was to douche once a week with what called medication. It was something that doubled as floor cleaner, akin to the old Pine Sol. Never used it.
Nowadays I make a bar of soap for myself that my family likes as well, that I need to use every time I go to the bathroom.
I suffer from chronic UTI's. And though I take meds specifically for them, I did ask my urologist if I should take extra precautions, and she said it wouldn't hurt. So far so good, and no vaginal issues.

I suffer from chronic UTI's. And though I take meds specifically for them, I did ask my urologist if I should take extra precautions, and she said it wouldn't hurt. So far so good, and no vaginal issues.

All cotton panties. Loose clothing. Dab, don't wipe.

From one bath n body group I used to be in, it was explained that Yoni cleansing/steaming, and a specific soap for that area, is very much an ethnic/cultural thing. One person posted she makes her Yoni soap after placing the ingredients on an "altar" for the duration of one lunar cycle before making her stuff. I mean, that's some crazy stuff going on there.

I use whatever soap happens to be in my hand, never had a problem. But hey, if there's money to be made by making a vajayjay soap, I'll give it a whirl and laugh all the way to the bank.

I saw this video recently - Mama Doctor Jones is an OBGYN who makes educational and often humorous videos about all things to do with OB and GYN topics. This video touches on what to wash with as well as pH levels, amongst her rants about the marketing of this particular product.

If you don't want to watch the whole video, the summary relevant to soapers is:

Only ever use water inside the vagina, if you feel you need to, but it's self cleaning so shouldn't actually need anything.
Water only, or *gentle unscented* soap on the vulva.

I saw this video recently - Mama Doctor Jones is an OBGYN who makes educational and often humorous videos about all things to do with OB and GYN topics. This video touches on what to wash with as well as pH levels, amongst her rants about the marketing of this particular product.

Only ever use water inside the vagina, if you feel you need to, but it's self cleaning so shouldn't actually need anything.

That should be viewed by all of us. I don't need my daughter buying into that nonsense and feeling bad due to that.

Excellent video. Thank you for sharing. The Dr covered everything including being respectful of beliefs and practices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back