What is Yoni soap? What makes a soap safe for the vagina ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the title will keep men away LOL

I dunno, I have never used anything different for my body than I used down there. I'm almost 50 and now I'm like...have I been doing it wrong all my life? LOL
Nor I do I guess I’ve been doing it wrong the past 44 yrs as well! 🤪. Soap is fine, everyone has different sensitivity but at the end of the day, unless you really are doing it wrong, you aren’t putting soap *inside* your vagina anyways so your ph balance wouldn’t be affected

I don't think anyone who uses soap down there is actually washing up inside, I know I'm not but I do wash everything external.
I should hope not but again, our urethra is just next to our vaginas and, depending on how we wash, catches the full experience of everything.

Haha, this reminded me of a review I read some years ago. It has only taken me an hour’s browsing to find it. Laughed my socks off when I read this the first time.
This blog was not the original review that I read but here was the first place that I found it.

https://www.tyla.com/you/funny-this...ource-mint-shower-gel-is-going-viral-20170511
Oh my God that was so dramatic! hahahaha so good!

No.
If men can't handle women talking about vaginas due to their own fragile masculinity, that's their problem not ours. LOL (kidding - but not really! LOL)

What I am wondering is why people are not educated enough to realize that the vagina itself is a self cleaning organ and that water alone would suffice in cleaning it, but if you do feel you need something a little "extra" it should be in the form of a natural douche and not a bar of soap.
Yes this makes sense ! And I agree!
They way I looked at it was more we're talking about what they just don't know. I surely don't know what it's like to have to be concerned with body parts exclusive to the male anatomy and I might treat it as a study.

I was made aware about the nature of our vagina's since 13 through very thorough health & sex ed. I had hoped to share a good chunk of that with my child. since much of it still applies.
You would be surprised how many schools dont actually do sex ed! I worked at Lush for five years and got this question from sooo many clients. And many men asking me for their wives, and daughters about the PH thing too. The truth is that many educators dont do their jobs, and many doctors dont take time to explain and answer questions. In any case, this is a forum for soap and if men are soap makers too their clients still may have the same questions! Plus theres more than likely a woman in their life they may want to share the knowledge and discourse with as well. Its just bodies! the info may help men too.
I don't think anyone who uses soap down there is actually washing up inside, I know I'm not but I do wash everything external.
I agree we probably shouldnt put anything actually up there to clean except water.

I have learned a lot from everyones answers thanks so much! I have no idea how these companies get away with it and they always seem to have the largest followings. Now I am thinking they most likely paid for their following and made extra accounts to make those ridiculous reviews .

I'd never even heard of douche until i went to the USA back in the 90s. Rows and rows of the stuff on the drug store shelf. My American friend told me her partner would always ask if she'd douched before any 'activity' between them commenced. o_O
Y'all seem obsessed with cleanliness 'down there' and i guess that's why the likes of 'Yoni Soap' is marketed. Consumerism at its best! Create a fear/doubt and then sell a product to rectify it.

No.
If men can't handle women talking about vaginas due to their own fragile masculinity, that's their problem not ours. LOL (kidding - but not really! LOL)

What I am wondering is why people are not educated enough to realize that the vagina itself is a self cleaning organ and that water alone would suffice in cleaning it, but if you do feel you need something a little "extra" it should be in the form of a natural douche and not a bar of soap.
I thought that douching with water was a no-no because it disturbed the ph and could cause problems. Supposedly, that's why women used to douche with a vinegar and water solution.

I thought that douching with water was a no-no because it disturbed the ph and could cause problems. Supposedly, that's why women used to douche with a vinegar and water solution.
I didn't say water. I said a natural. Admittedly I used the wrong verbiage and should have said "natural cleansing" douche (which is meant as a vinegar/water solution)
But as stated above they shouldn't be used at all.

The vagina is a self cleansing organ and unless there is a problem (that needs a doctor's attention) nothing should be used.

Last edited:
Oh, and remember those "feminine hygiene" sprays -- deodorant for the nether regions? They were popular back then too. The implication being if you couldn't douche it away (whatever "it" was) then you should spray it away. Or vice versa.

I have no words.

Oh, and remember those "feminine hygiene" sprays -- deodorant for the nether regions? They were popular back then too. The implication being if you couldn't douche it away (whatever "it" was) then you should spray it away. Or vice versa.

I have no words.
Designed by men for women - because they know best ;-)

I am a diabetic, so occasionally get a small amount of sugar "overspill" in my urine. That can encourage yeast infections. So I *do* wash my labia with color- and fragrance-free olive oil soap using Zany's recipe. I notice that those that sell "Yoni Soap" are pretty adamant about how necessary it is to "stay fresh and clean". LOL. Reminds me of some of the 1950s ads (yes, I've been around a while...)

I immediately unfollow anyone who posts a “yoni” soap, or really any other dubious claim for that matter. I don’t know how these people get away with this stuff.
I’m doing the same. So many people making unrealistic claims. I love seeing the creativity and I get inspired by my Instagram “friends”. However, these claims make it bad for those who are honest and play by the rules.

I’m doing the same. So many people making unrealistic claims. I love seeing the creativity and I get inspired by my Instagram “friends”. However, these claims make it bad for those who are honest and play by the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back