What is Yoni soap? What makes a soap safe for the vagina ?

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Iluminameluna

Reaction score
@TheGecko and @KiwiMoose I should've mentioned I have an autoimmune issue that I've learned to manage for over 30 years now, and don't use undies at all, and my diet of allowed foods is constantly narrowing.
My UTI issue isn't run off the mill, and my washing at every visit to the toilet is probably more to quell my anxiety than actually preventing any infection from taking hold.
So to clarify, I wasn't touting my soap as a medicine AT ALL, in any way, shape, form. I only meant that I didn't have any dryness issues on the external parts where I use the soap. I never wash the inner labia, or my vagina, but do wash everywhere else that can contaminate my clothing since I can't wear panties due to the thinning of my skin from long term steroid use.
Just hoping this clarifies what I didn't say in my previous post. 😞

KiwiMoose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@TheGecko and @KiwiMoose I should've mentioned I have an autoimmune issue that I've learned to manage for over 30 years now, and don't use undies at all, and my diet of allowed foods is constantly narrowing.
My UTI issue isn't run off the mill, and my washing at every visit to the toilet is probably more to quell my anxiety than actually preventing any infection from taking hold.
So to clarify, I wasn't touting my soap as a medicine AT ALL, in any way, shape, form. I only meant that I didn't have any dryness issues on the external parts where I use the soap. I never wash the inner labia, or my vagina, but do wash everywhere else that can contaminate my clothing since I can't wear panties due to the thinning of my skin from long term steroid use.
Just hoping this clarifies what I didn't say in my previous post. 😞
Not at all - I shouldn't be making suggestions. I know what it's like when you have a longstanding issue and you've tried everything, and then someone says "have you tried...?" YES, YES I have! :)

beckster51

Reaction score
My mother in law's advice to me when I married her son was to douche once a week with what called medication. It was something that doubled as floor cleaner, akin to the old Pine Sol. Never used it.
Nowadays I make a bar of soap for myself that my family likes as well, that I need to use every time I go to the bathroom.
I suffer from chronic UTI's. And though I take meds specifically for them, I did ask my urologist if I should take extra precautions, and she said it wouldn't hurt. So far so good, and no vaginal issues.
I had a chronic UTI problems for years when I was younger. If you have never been told, you need to urinate soon after having sex. It's unbelievable what a difference it makes. Also, no tight fitting pants all the time. That part of your anatomy needs some ventilation occ

Iluminameluna

Reaction score
If you have never been told, you need to urinate soon after having sex
Believe me, the UTI issue lasted so long that I heard all the advice I'd already heard and some that I found enlightening.
Now I'm on something called Imiprex (the generic spelling is weird).