What is wrong w/ these?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I purchased these to add to swag bags, can a candle person tell me what is wrong w/ them please? They are soy. Thanks!

Whoa!!!!!!! :shock:

No idea what happened with those..When you bought them did you know before hand that they would look like that?
Please tell me it's a chocolate,coffee scent.. Send them back.

Munky.

:? They are vanilla pumpkin. I did not see them before I ordered the. It was a custom order.

No idea what is wrong w/ them? Pretty aweful huh? I can't realy send them back. When I first got them they smelled like smoke so I discarded the outer packages & peeled the paper labels off the bottom & then let them air out over night. I did not pay too much attention to what they looked like at that time, I was worried more about what they smelled like. NOW I am worried about what they look like :( .

Lesson learned. I believe I will toss them & count it as a learning experience.

The vanilla explains it all..It's one of a few scents that doesn't always work well with Soy.I've had previous problems with a vanilla scent using paraffin.It discolored a batch of votives to that exact same color that you have.And they had a smokey scent..Ugghh.. not pretty..

I have several pumpkins scents from a few suppliers,all are clear,Rules out that scent.

You don't have to toss them out,keep them for an emergency,or add a few drops of your own vanilla might do the trick.

Renaming it Smokey.. might be fun :)

If it was a custom order that I had made ,I'd appreciate the buyer bringing that problem to me so that I could rectify it.At MY expense.You just did me a huge favor...

Munky. :)

the FO plus the bloom that is problematic for soy...

they should still burn great so it's simply an aesthetic thing. I wouldn't toss them.

As a side note... if you are a smoker, PLEASE don't smoke in or around where you make or package your items.... I've had the same experience with a smoky smell and its hard to get rid of, and often carries into the soy wax.

They just look like soy looks with some fragrance and color. My only concern would be that wicks are very off center.

Latest posts

Back