What is this

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MV101

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what these circles are in my soap? Is it the fragrance oil? I did a zap test and I got no zap. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20191120_111822.jpg
    20191120_111822.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 57
Is this a cut bar? So this is on the cut face? Or did this come out of a silicone mold? It kind of looks like the spots you can get from a silicone mold...

it looks like what I had on the outside of one of my loafs--I don't know what it is but I only got it with the one loaf so I am wondering if it wasn't the EO reacting to the silicone

It is a cut bar, it was in a wood loaf with freezer paper.
Are all of them like this or is this the end piece?

I've had something similar happen when I've used too much FO, or a lightly separating FO before. But it was only on the "outside" of the loaf.

Its on all of them, Im also thinking I used a little to much FO? Would it be safe to use? It smells so good LOL

If this was on the side of you loaf and you gelled the soap it can very well be condensation ie water spots between the freezer paper and the soap. Mine get them sometimes if I leave them to long in my containers I gel my soap molds in.

If this was on the side of you loaf and you gelled the soap it can very well be condensation ie water spots between the freezer paper and the soap. Mine get them sometimes if I leave them to long in my containers I gel my soap molds in.
Its all throughout the cut bars, i gelled the loaf in a wooden mold with freezer paper.

That should be fine unless the FO has a low usage rate. You can check the site you bought it from for usage rates.

Was it there when you first cut into the loaf, or did it develop on the newly exposed sides after the cut?
How much water did you use? Any additives?

Can anyone tell me what these circles are in my soap? Is it the fragrance oil? I did a zap test and I got no zap. Thanks in advance.

If you added your fragrance in last and didn’t mix it in well, it could have separated.

Back