What is this?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunRiseArts

Reaction score
Are they lye pockets? I have never had anything like this happened to me. Not even back when I was a beginner, but I am unsure if they are lye pockets.

I was showering with it, and except for feeling bumps in the soap, it was ok. Is only oils and water, I did not add anything to it but the FO, and mica color.

I need to know if I have to throw them away ... :(

Thanks!

20190224_135607_resized.jpg 20190224_135615_resized.jpg

mmmm Interesting. I never heard of that! lol.

If they do not burn the skin they should be safe to use, right?

Did you do a zap test prior to asking this question?? If you did and it was negative, I'd say definitely not.

A couple look like air pockets to me. Others look like concentric color concentration, which I cannot tell if it surrounds an air pocket or not. I think the photos or my eyes are the issue with what I am seeing (or not seeing.)

Did they ooze anything? Could it be the FO you used that may have precipitated out of solution and created little pockets? Was any of that visible on the surface when you first cut the soap or when you brought the bar out for use?

Thanks. yes I did a zap test, and is not lye heavy, according to test. I also used strips, and same. I am leaning that is color concentration ... maybe I did not mix the color that good?

I have not been feeling well, and sometimes my eyesight gets affected, so probably did not notice when I was mixing.

Is not air pockets, the holes is because I started picking it with my nails. Yikes!

Latest posts

Back