What is this gunk?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmkieva

Reaction score
Epic failure yesterday with a cream soap (bar soap made with cream). I know what I did wrong, so that's not a problem. But I was washing the dishes this morning and found this stuff, a jelly-like, translucent gunk. Can you tell me what it is? No, I'm not dumping it down the drain; I just wanted to "catch it" for posterity.

gunk.png

Last edited:
Anyone else having trouble? I can't seem to figure out how to insert an image on my desktop.

I can't see it either.

To post pics from your desktop, here are my "DeeAnna notes" on the subject that I have copied down: Scroll down to the bottom of this thread to the Quick Reply text box where you would type whatever message as you would normally do, then look below the text box for the icon that says "Manage Attachments". Click on it. A small window should appear. Click the first "Browse" button and find the picture that you want to upload. If you have a second picture you want to upload, repeat thye process by clicking the second "Browse" button, etc..

Your image size should be no bigger than 640 x 640 pixels maximum, and no bigger than 390 kb max or the upload won't work.

When done, click the 'Upload' button.

IrishLass:)

The image is there now. But I am not understanding what your recipe and process are. Could you please give us the recipe in all weights (including additives), and the process. We can better help you with that info.

I have a septic tank at my workshop and have to leave my dishes overnight to saponify before they can be cleaned. I tend to dump spatulas and other utensils in a pot of water and overnight the whole pot of water has turned to gel on occasion as the soap batter residue saponifies. It looks similar to the picture you are showing here.

Back