What is the size limit for images in Soapmaking Friend?

Discussion in 'SoapmakingFriend.com Support Forum' started by earlene, May 31, 2019.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 31, 2019 #1

earlene

earlene

earlene

Grandmother & Soaper Lifetime Supporter

What is the size limit for images in Soapmaking Friend?

It would be easier to know, rather than having to keep trying to get the right size image for the software to accept.

Thank you.

2. Jun 4, 2019 #2

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SoapmakingFriend

SPONSOR

Image size is limited to 20 MB or ( 3840x 3840 px ) which is more than enough for an image
    thank you!

3. Jun 4, 2019 #3

earlene

earlene

earlene

Thank you.

4. Jun 25, 2019 #4

earlene

earlene

earlene

I don't think 20 MB is really going to upload. I have never tried to upload a file that large in SoapBuilder, because I don't have any photo images of soap that large. Most are under 5 MB, which is still too large to upload here. So I reduce them in size for posting at SoapMakingForum, but usually I can upload images in the 1MB range, but apparently even some of those are too large for Soap Builder. SMF (soapmakingforum) has a mechanism by which image files are automatically converted to fit desired size as indicated here:
    Your Quota:
    Images will be resized so they are no bigger than 800px x 600px. More Details
    I know I can upload an image file that is 4.1 MB to SMF (soapmakingforum) because I just did, and I assume it is converted by SMF because when I right click and copy, the file is only 16.3 kb. I know it was converted because my image upload quota has not changed from what it was before that upload to what it is now at SMF as shown here in this quote:

Your image upload quota:
    Maximum Dimensions:
    800px x 600px
    Maximum File Size (MB):
    5 MB
    Maximum Storage Quota (MB):
    5.9 MB of 50 MB

So, knowing that my 4 MB images are successfully uploaded and converted to a desirable file size at SMF (soapmakingforum), I can only conclude that since I cannot successfully upload them to Soap Builder, that the software is unlikely to accept a 20 MB image either.

A week ago I uploaded an image that was 1.08 MB from my hard drive, but was unable to open the recipe at all until I discovered by trial and error that the problem was the image itself.

It uploaded the exact same image to SMF (soapmakingforum) in the media section just fine earlier that same day, but in Soap Builder, even though it uploaded, it prevented access to my recipe in the normal way. I was able to view it from Batches and removed the file from there. But it took a lot of trial and error to find out what the problem was.

I wonder if there is a built-in image converter with Soap Builder and if it is working correctly? I am really unfamiliar with how some sites or software accepts and convert uploaded images to be utilized, but I know it happens, so thought I'd ask if it has anything to do with why my files that should meet the criteria you mentioned are not accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.