What is the BEST rose fragrance???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

slapsoap

Reaction score
shoot!! lol I bought a few. A few from nuture soap, one from california candle supply, one from flaming candle and candlescience but idk im obsessed with finding the best onešŸ˜…. thing is I bought a soap from etsy and it smelled amazing but i cant find it. Yall point me in a good direction? Thank you all. I know its all personal preference lol.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Fresh Cut Roses from Nature's Garden is another rose fragrance to consider. It's a light, true "tea rose" scent -- it doesn't smell sour or artificial like "old lady" perfume.

I use it at 6% based on weight of oils. It doesn't discolor the soap. It has average scent retention. Like many floral fragrances, it causes light to moderate acceleration.

When using this FO, I soap on the cooler side -- maybe 90-100 F / 30-35 C -- and I add this fragrance as late in the soap making process as possible. I've had enough time to do a hanger swirl if I move right along, but I don't think the FO would allow me to do a more time-consuming pattern.

Whether it's the best rose fragrance or not is up to your nose -- everyone's different!

Reaction score
Fresh Cut Roses from Nature's Garden is another rose fragrance to consider. It's a light, true "tea rose" scent -- it doesn't smell sour or artificial like "old lady" perfume.

This sounds good. I'm currently using English Tea Rose from WSP and it is a lovely fresh rose fragrance (imagine going out to the garden and smelling a rose right from the rosebush)... but woof is it expensive.

I would recommend the English Tea Rose, but like almost all other rose scents, it does accelerate...fast (despite what the description says, but the reviews call it out). It is a one color design only kind of fragrance. I recently tried hot process with it...but I don't think it's for me.

One thing though, it has great retention...years after the fact and it is still quite strong. I am hoping the same is true for the hot process version where I used half as much percentage wise as usual.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't care for rose FO so can't help you personally with this, but @math ace has done a lot of fragrance testing and had this to say about one from Fragrance Buddy

Gypsy rose - the most realistic rose in CP that I've found. I made a recent mix using 50% this and 50% red rose from candle science. An wonderful rose blend if you want to experiment.

I know enough people that do like rose scents that I have been almost tempted to try it.

TheGecko

Reaction score
Of all the ones I have tried, this Rose FO has been very popular. It's not heavy or cloying and it sticks really, really well at 5%.

Reaction score
Not sure about the best, but I really disliked Victorian Rose from Wholesale supplies. I do like their plain ā€œRoseā€ Fo 17 though, which was formerly a fragrance formulator.

JoyfulSudz

Reaction score
what else do you like from shay and company because maybe I can order more stuff
I've only used a few so far, but I really like the ones I have: Beachwood & Vetiver, Almond, and Jasmine. I also use their "non-discoloring Vanilla FO" but it does discolor a little.

math ace

Reaction score
Gypsy rose from fragrance buddy is good in CP. It will accelerate so soap as cool as possible and don't do a large water discount

I thought English rose from BB was good for melt and pour but not as good in CP.

Is a fragrance that is lover hate. There isn't a lot in between. It is never a big seller for me, but those who love it, totally love it!

Latest posts