What is the best Mango Fragrance oil you have used

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bama

Reaction score
I would like to do a mango Fragranced soap but I have hesitated buying one as I want it to really smell like Mango and not fade. Anyone have reccomendations?

I don't have an answer, but can tell you that Mango Papaya from Wholesale Supplies Plus morphed in cold process soap.It didn't smell the same after cure, don't know if it would do the same thing in another recipe, but it wasn't a pleasant smell.

I've used Mango Tango Twist from WSP and I love it. I couldn't tell you if it smells like mango or not but OMG is it good! I used 2oz in 48oz of oils (about 4%), so it's not strong but everyone who's smelt it so far has said they want to eat it...lol It's a kind of creamy tropical fruity smell.

Thank you for your replys. I didn't see a soap review on the coastal scents but if you say it sticks in CP I will take your word for it.. I am going to loo at the Mango tangoTwist too

I am not sure that I used it in cp soap, but add a little cosmetic clay to you soap. That might help hold the scent. I would contact Coastal Scents and ask if it fades in cp soap.

Thanks for letting me know that.. It makes a difference to me if it sticks well

I have the Fresh Mango from BB and it's quite nice, but I have yet to find an FO that captures that perfumey-type aroma of a ripe mango, though!

This is an old thread, but I just soaped Mango Tea from SC and love it. It not particularly sweet. I don't smell any tea notes.

I tried to CP mango papaya by WSP with the same poor results as another. Smells morphed into an unpleasant smell- not unlike urine.

Back