What is ricing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw that one FO "rices" - what does that mean exactly? Just as it sounds, makes the soap look like rice in little chunks? (that's what I picture LOL)

It could look similar to rice. I've had a couple of batches (Peak's Cranberry Apple Marmalade) which reminded me of homemade applesauce - a little more rounded and granular in appearance. I don't think I'm describing this well.

Apple-sauce sounds a perfect description of ricing, if you ask me. Cream of Rice cereal is another good description.

IrishLass :)

Not at all. You just have to blend like crazy to get it to incorporate and smooth out. This is also known as "beating the crap out of it". However, it might hurt your arm if you don't use a stick blender.

I did some googling to see if I could find pictures which showed good examples of ricing. I came across this Soap Queen article on Soap Behaving Badly which you might find helpful.

Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to separate your question about ricing and our replies to it and make into a new topic for the Beginner's section. It might be informative for other people.

That was useful! Thank you, I enjoy visuals. I think it would be nice to see in the beginner forum, if its not there already.

Latest posts

Back