What is on your soapy Christmas list?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I'm scared to death of my stick blender. It has such a light trigger. My mom ended up needing stitches after accidentally turning hers on as she tried to unclog the blades. She said I could have it as she's never touching that thing again...

$30? $300? I found a stainless steel one for $89.

I don’t really understand your question marks. Did you click on the links? This isn’t your regular, ordinary beveler. It creates many different edges for your soaps, and yes, $300 bucks. $200 for item…$100 to ship.
The $30 dollar one is more manual, but produces similar results with less edge options.
I believe you are talking about a standard beveler, which many soapers simply use a peeler for.

Among the too many things I don't really need, but would love to have, is a viscosimeter, to measure the fluidity of LS in a quantitative way (to judge how effective different thickening agents work, etc.). Or a thermostat oven to keep something at exactly 62°C for two days. Or a tabletop chilling drum/votator for oil fractionation and margarine microbatches, or or or …

But with some honest perspective, that single one thing that I need most urgently is time. Something that I cannot buy, that nobody can gift to me, that can't be written onto a wishlist.

Have you ever tried a cut glove? These are mandatory for me when using a box grater. Otherwise, I just use the shredding blade on my food processor. But I agree, it would be nice to have a dedicated soap shredder!
I have those exact same gloves to protect my hands while using sharp tools, not purchased until I began making soap.

What I want right now is a very fancy Soap Beveler. It's around $200 plus another $100 for shipping from Taiwan. I had planned on getting it earlier this year, but ended up taking a second vacation instead. I figure I will have Christmas paid off by February and plan to order it in March.
That is one fancy beveling system! Reminds me of some of my sewing machine attachments.

Latest posts

Back